Pricewatch!

You played it already! Wow - where do you get the time from for a Jeff's game?

I have been on the beta team, and also press contacts gave me preview access... But today I bought my personal copy on gog.com

I've been interested in Spiderweb games recently, yet I haven't played one yet. What's a good one to start with? (Could be older or newer, doesn't matter). Also, is the gameplay similar to Realmz? (If you guys have played that, let me know. Great little game that is free to play now).

You can grab the Avadon demo from Spiderweb and if you like it then grab it from GoG while the sale lasts

The Spiderweb games are isometric gems of greatness. If you like the old school games, rich in story that take some time to complete, you'll love these. If you're looking for fancy graphics and/or Tand A, these might not be for you.

I actually find the graphics of the Spiderweb games I've seen pretty appealing. I like isometric.

In terms of what I want out of an RPG, I'm more looking for deep RPG systems, like lots of inventory items that are useful, lots of character customization, talents and spells, old-school pen-and-paper stat systems, lots of exploration, secret things to find and things like that. An open-world is a plus and lots of world interaction is nice, too.

Like I said, these Spiderweb games seem pretty cool, but I need to look into them more and try one of them soon. Just not sure which one to try first!

I'd try a Geneforge, because a shaper character is fun and a unique mechanic in the genre. It is sort of a sci fi setting though, which to me is also a refreshing change from the standard medieval stuff that is 90% of the genre.

SpiderWeb demos are huge, they used to be 25% of the game. For me they use to always manage to stop right at the point when you got committed to playing on a regular basis. So of course buying the whole game at that point just made a lot of sense.

Except if you are a shaper you can control multiple constructs. Which is, of course, what makes it more fun. Your contructs level up, but I don't think you can equip them...

I've seen the Divinity Anthology in one Saturn shop for only 10 Euros !
Grab it while you can !

FarCry3 on gamersgate -50%:
http://www.gamersgate.com/farcry?aff=ggnews

For 20€ you get the game plus DLC pack (deluxe edition).

Not RPG, but IMO one of GOTY 2013 candidates and even on it's full price was worth every penny. From the game description I confirm that this sentence is true:
UNCOVER A MEMORABLE STORY AND AN INSANE CAST OF CHARACTERS

You can also go for the collection which will cost you 25.5€ and you get all 4 FC games. Means Blood Dragon included.

Any catch? Yea… It's Ubisoft so prepare to be annoyed with uPlay.

Except if you are a shaper you can control multiple constructs. Which is, of course, what makes it more fun. Your contructs level up, but I don't think you can equip them…

You can make creations with all classes, not only shapers. You can level-up your creations, but you have to think carefully about upgrading which creation as they have different attributes and you have a limited energy pool - very clever design.

Oh and… Also gamersgate… Quite a few RPGs on sale, juicy prices if you don't have some of them:
http://www.gamersgate.com/rpg?filter=offers&prio=popularity&pg=1

Do avoid Dead Island though. While not the worst game ever made, it is just boring and the PC port has some issues. It is one of those "bad" games that are bad in such a way that you can't really make fun of it, because its main problem is that it just lacks variety, and what little is in there is good enough to not be immediately off-putting.

Do avoid Dead Island though. While not the worst game ever made, it is just boring and the PC port has some issues. It is one of those "bad" games that are bad in such a way that you can't really make fun of it, because its main problem is that it just lacks variety, and what little is in there is good enough to not be immediately off-putting.

I agree completely, and I'll never understand why that game was so popular. It did have a lot of potential especially with the setting, but it was poorly executed imo at least for single-player. The ridiculous speed at which enemies and items respawned is mainly what killed it for me, but there are a lot of other things I didn't like as well.

It was obvious that the single-player campaign was an afterthought.

Back
Top Bottom