Interesting links for gamers (Indie games, Abandonware, Mods)

OK, I'll give it another go. Just got one book further, then promptly got Sudden Death Syndrome all over again...

I dont know if anyone listed them before (I'm too lazy to read all the posts atm) but if you are still playing bg2, i recommend following:

kelsey
cross mod banter
tsujatha
beyond the law
quest pack
unfinished business
xan
npc flirt pack

... ;)

18 Undiscovered Websites Every Gamer Should Know

RPG examples:
4. The Daedalus Project gets into the minds of MMORPG players. The website’s author has surveyed over 35,000 gamers and provides a detailed break-down of his findings in areas such as the player life-cycle, making friends and status reversal. It’s fascinating stuff.

6. The Grand List of Console RPG Clichés is a list of 100+ painful clichés any RPG fan would have encountered before. My favorite? The No! My beloved peasant village cliché: “The hero’s home town, city, slum, or planet will usually be annihilated in a spectacular fashion before the end of the game, and often before the end of the opening scene.”

I didn't know S.W.I.N.E. was released as Freeware ?
But it is: look here.

For all Gothic fans:

This is a very good german Gothic 2 - Night of the Raven - mod:

Velaya - Geschichte einer Kriegerin

complete new story
a changed Khorinis
many old friends
some new characters
full speech (german only)
numerous quests in 4 chapters
ca. 40 hours playing time - up to level 24

I think I'm on HX's ignore list.

Since you play SP NWN mods, for goodness sakes try mine out.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=5524

Its the product of three years work and five years experience. I spent dozens of hours, possibly hundreds, making the thing.

I'm also available if you have any questions or problems with it.

That goes ditto for PurpleBlob. Maybe I can convince Corwin too.

Cool - I just downloaded it to try soon ... can I create a new character that will auto-level, or do I need to come in with a already 12+ char?

@Lucky Day

I'll try your mod - for sure.

I'm playing the Midwinter Festival module at the moment.

cool. let me know if you guys have any questions/problems. Maybe we can start a thread about it.

I didn't put an auto-level up in so you'll need one that is either already at that level or you can do it yourself if you know the console (cheat) commands.

I know it needs a character at least in the teens but its difficult for me to pin it down to specific levels because I built it. I wouldn't play higher than level 22 or 23.

I've discovered a small puzzle game which brilliantly creates an aesthetic experience. It is called Crayon Physics and is free to download/play. You can only draw squares in the game and it is fairly short but the creator is currently developing an expanded version called Crayon Physics Deluxe.

The gameplay of Crayon Physics is minimal, the graphics are childish and the music is dreamy. Combined it is original, artistic, warm and pleasant.

Here's a video preview of the upcoming Crayon Physics Deluxe.

And this is where you can download the original Crayon Physics.

I hope you have a great experience!

I've heard about it as well, since iot is included on the DVD of the German magazine with the name " c't " , issue 4/2008.

Plus, there seems to be a similar "game" called "Marker World" by one Allen Liao.

In the mentioned magazine the suggestion is made to connect the "Wii Remote" with the PC and use a beamer and a whiteboard with it or simulate a touchscreen.

Marker world: http://hatsformypencil.com/World/

Yeah, and there's also something about a game called "MarkerMan", which is frighteningly similar to Crayon Physics.
It seems my use of "original" in my above post have been somewhat watered. But then again, who copied who?

Last edited:
Anyway, the idea is good. I would never have thought of this.

After reading an interesting blog entry called Ramblings of a colorblind gamer I found the free game Synaesthete.

It's a bit like Dance Dance Revolution with more gameplay and visual stimulus. Or in other words, it's more of an interactive, audio-visual experience than your standard game. Pretty interesting.

Despite the name, I don't think it bears any other resemblance to the recently announced Horror-RPG Synaethesia.

Plasma Pong is quite a good game but unfortunately Atari has intervened & stopped the downloads. see the author's page: http://www.plasmapong.com/

I know, I had already thought of putting the link here, but used a different link instead.

Attention - hardcore crpg players:

two of the best NWN-1-Single-Player-modules ever made:

TORTURED HEARTS I.
TORTURED HEARTS II.

made by by Zoltán Gonda & Jim Grimsley

***** INSTANT WARNING (from the authors):

You should not play Tortured Hearts I. if you

-can't respect others' hard work!!!!

and you

-are a casual player
-are a powergamer
-are a ruleplayer
-don't have much time
-don't like complex stories
-are not used to non-linearity
-have a lower end machine
-don't like the hardcore approach
-you are impatient

over 100 hours playing time for each mod!

2 thumbs up - recommended

Back
Top Bottom