Mass Effect 3 - Multiplayer Indications?

Jemy, in your model you're effectively deducting the time spent on MP twice.

Let's say that any game has 100% [resources] where [resources] is all the time, money, and energy put into making the game. In a purely SP game, 100% of the 100% goes into SP, simple.

Consider a game in which 1 quarter of the [resources] go into MP. In your model, SP then equals 75% - 25% = 50%. Your model is flawed. 25% has just vanished into thin air.

Adding MP to ME3 doesn't nescessarily mean any less time will be spent on the SP (than would have been had they chosen not to implement MP). Usually, it is the case that implementing MP means less resources are spent on SP, but it is not nescessarily so.

It's possible that they want to lay the groundwork for an ME MMO, or an MP-focused ME spinoff series. In that case, they may consider it worthwhile to spend additional resources, that would not have been directed to the game at all if it were only SP, in order to implement an MP mode.

So, in conclusion, while it's quite possible that an ME3 with MP will mean less resources spent on making a great SP, it is not nescessarily the case.

Back
Top Bottom