The Witcher - Review @ Games32

Dhruin

SasqWatch
An uneven review of The Witcher is up at Games32, with the author enjoying the wine and women but getting angry over combat controls. That all comes out at a score of 82% and here's an excerpt:
The Witcher benefits from an innovative gameplay system: depending on what decision you make, you will see the consequences of your actions later in the game. This should give the player a more varied story if the game is replayed. But, having over 80 hours of gameplay, only hardcore gamers will try to create another personality for Geralt, plus our staff tested the game using different paths and in the end it all comes down to rather the same story. Despite this, the story of the game are solid, with ups and downs that will drag you more and more into Geralt’s world. A good way to make money is to play dice poker, same rules as the original poker but a lot easier. I find it very easy to make money in the game but maybe that's the developers idea, to buy booze or give it on women (yeah baby!) There is a lot of cool stuff they implemented: alchemy and everything you have to do for potions, identify and collect plants, try mixing new stuff to discover new potion formulas; drink contest to help you get more information about quests or characters, fist fights and women. No wonder this is a game rated mature. What made me angry was that the combat engine wasn’t acting like properly. If I wanted to attack a target, I had to click 3-4 times for him to start swinging the sword (not always but most of the times). Plus depending what camera I was using... he seemed to get stuck every once in a while.
More information.

He seems to be having the same problems with combat that I was when I first started the game. I got over it...:)

Back
Top Bottom