Ambrov X: A Sci-Fi Story driven RPG game

Loreful

Watcher
Ambrov X is an episodic, role-playing video game set in the award-winning Sime~Gen Universe created by Jacqueline Lichtenberg and Jean Lorrah. With Ambrov X,we aim to create a rich, story-driven experience that delves deep into emotional themes, coupled with breath-taking action and adventure. Ambrov X will be on Kickstarter September 3rd - October 4th.

1185216_555310594536677_259453195_n.jpg

*Pre-Alpha environment screen shot.*

- Ambrov X is a 3D, single-player, action role-playing game.
- Ambrov X features meaningful and difficult decisions that truly alter the flow of story and quests.
- The game is Fully-Voiced with Cinematic Dialogue Scenes.
- You may modify any armor piece or weapon in the game through a powerfulmodification crafting system.
- The game features a complex companion system that is lore appropriate and deep on story.

1002585_545314022203001_1566381857_n.png

*Concept art of the Monk.*

- You may choose from four unique classes: the Endowed, the Monk, the Agent and the Sentinel.
- The game will be released in 5 Episodes ranging from 3-5 hours each.
- The game is being developed in the Unity engine for Windows, OS X, Linux with alternate releases for iOS, Android, PS 4 and XBOX.
- The game will be available in English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish.
- Ambrov X will be distributed DRM-Free for Windows, OS X and Linux.

Feel free to check us out at: http://www.ambrovx.com/ & the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ambrovx

Thank you!

While I am not a fan of action RPGs, 3D or non party based games in general, good to see a SciFi RPG!

Looks good please remind me or send details when the kickstarter starts. I'll cover it in the news. You can pm me or send an email. Thanks.

Last edited:
Looks good please remind me or send details when the kickstarter starts. I'll cover it in the news. You can pm me or send an email. Thanks.

Will do! Thank you, Couchpotato. Also, if you have Facebook, feel free to like the page for updates!

concept_01.jpg

Here is more concept art of the game, and a taste of the worlds you'll be able to explore!

I will definitely follow this one.

@Loreful
I'm quite skeptical about the "5 episodes from 3-5 hours".
Can you give some detail on these mechanics?

I will definitely follow this one.

@Loreful
I'm quite skeptical about the "5 episodes from 3-5 hours".
Can you give some detail on these mechanics?

Sure thing, Morrandir. Ambrov X will be split into 5 parts, or "episodes", that will make up the entire game. Each episode will be 3-5 hours hours long, and will be priced at $6.99 (Similar to The Walking Dead game by Telltale.). Your progression and decisions carry over to each episode.

We currently have 15 people working for Loreful. We decided to go this route because it makes the game more manageable and inexpensive. Tackling a full game with a small team would have been extremely challenging.

I hope this helps. If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask! Thank you! :)

Last edited:
Thanks! :)

So the only restriction is, that you can't travel to a location from episode N if you are in episode N+1 (2,3,...)?

(I've never played The Walking Dead, so I don't know what's going on there.)

So the only restriction is, that you can't travel to a location from episode N if you are in episode N+1 (2,3,…)?

(I've never played The Walking Dead, so I don't know what's going on there.)

The answer is 'Yes and No'. We want to make the game as open as possible, however, for plot reasons there may be reasons why you could not return to previous areas. For instance, if a major quest line takes place on a space station and that station is later destroyed, naturally you would not be able to return there. Ultimately, our goal is to make a large game with large environments. The more we raise on Kickstarter, the more work we'll be able to put into the open-world nature of the game. And we WANT to do that because we have some awesome planets to explore! Thanks for the great question! Hope this helps! :)

Yes and No. ;)
I need to specify: Is it correct that there is no technical restriction considering the return to previous episodes?

Yes and No. ;)
I need to specify: Is it correct that there is no technical restriction considering the return to previous episodes?

Yes, there are no restrictions, unless something happened to the area/world/ship in the previous episode.

Example, in KOTOR,
Taris was destroyed preventing you from returning.

So it seems the episode mechanics aren't a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom