Kickstarter - Two New Games of Interest

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I found two new Kickstarter games this week . Now I would usually would post them in a separate news-bit, but I need to known people are interested.

The first game is called Fortune's Tavern by a developer called Michael Flynn.
Manage a tavern, explore procedurally generated forests and dungeons, breed monsters, quest for recipes, interact with hundreds of NPCs
The second game is called The Flame in the Flood by a developer called The Molasses Flood. The interesting part of this one is the developer is full veterans of the BioShock, Halo, Guitar Hero and Rock Band series.
A rogue-lite river journey through the backwaters of a forgotten post-societal America. Forage, craft, evade predators. For PC & Mac.
More information.

Last edited:
Fortune's Tavern - I know it's not a phonegame but the whole design sounds like a phonegame or Farmville. I'll skip it, sorry.

The Flame in the Flood - it's flood all right, seems only roguelikes appear on KS lately. And I don't want luck based stuff.
However, unlike other roguelike projects on KS, this one has a borderline artistic graphics style. And I'm a sucker for such stuff. Instapledge.

It does look good but a bit repetitive?

Flame in the Flood looks really good. I love the atmosphere. It almost looks like a Lucas Arts adventure game. I'm not too sure about Fortunes Tavern. That really didn't do anything for me.

I designed a Tavern RPG about 20 years ago. But never had the resources to get it off the ground. I see a lot of similar design elements in Fortunes Tavern so it was an insta-pledge for me. My Tavern RPG did have a mini game where you design your own sign, so some of my original dream is still in tact . . .

Flame in the Flood also looks very good.

Thanks CP for the heads up.

Flame in the Flood Kickstarer is now 9 hours from closing, only 3k from reaching the Endless Mode stretch goal!

It looks like now it's the time to back it, if you haven't done so already, or even up your pledge! Then you don't need to buy any other game, as you'll be able to play it endlessly!

Back
Top Bottom