Risen 3: Titan Lords - Enhanced Edition Teaser

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A new teaser trailer for next month's Risen 3 Enhanced Edition for the PS4 has been released.

A PC version is coming too, but for 64bit systems only. That's not really a surprise because modders had already hit the limits the 32bit version of the game could handle. An update or upgrade will also be offered in one way or the other.

More information.

Of course.. after i bought the game and stupid dlc's on summer sale NOW THEY release the REAL so called final version and of-course they want more money for the same fracking game.

I see more and more developers/ publishers reselling the same game after a year or two... but i was not expecting PB too... asking money for patching your product that i payed for already is shameless.

/end rant

The game is already patched to 99.99% bugfree state.
For all I know, this is just visuals redo. And since we're not graphics whores (in fact, I saw nothing wrong with the PC visuals in release version)...

You can pimp the graphics quite a bit with the .ini and texture packs.

It's not confirmed PC users have to pay again.

Of course.. after i bought the game and stupid dlc's on summer sale NOW THEY release the REAL so called final version and of-course they want more money for the same fracking game.

I see more and more developers/ publishers reselling the same game after a year or two… but i was not expecting PB too… asking money for patching your product that i payed for already is shameless.

/end rant
They might be good like cd projekt and others and give us the 64b/HD version for free as the post AFAICS makes no definite statement that it will cost. Even if it does perhaps they'll give a good discount UNLIKE YOSE who really are greedy mothers charging FULL price again even to us PC users since they had to compile a new version for the anemic new round of consoles.

I never play game on release now. 6 months minimum.

Game was (IMO) meh. So now we will be getting enhanced meh?

Game was (IMO) meh. So now we will be getting enhanced meh?

A matter of taste. I disagree. I'm close to the end, and the game is good. Probably the 3rd best PB game after the obvious 2. Risen 2 was only mediocre though.

A matter of taste. I disagree. I'm close to the end, and the game is good. Probably the 3rd best PB game after the obvious 2. Risen 2 was only mediocre though.

So you liked this better than Risen 1? The reason I ask is because I really enjoyed R1 and would like to find another inception that is similar in game play. R2 and 3 don't interest me at all.

I'm playing through it right now and it seems about even with Risen 1. It could even beat it if the ending is better than 1's. It sure has a TON of quests to do! (The duck quest needs to be put in the Side-quest Hall of Fame.)

Giving out the Enhanced Edition free would be great but they will have to be careful. Somewhere out there, some schmuck is running the game on a 32-bit OS. A forced upgrade would not make him happy. They probably need to make it "free DLC" so people can opt in.

Damn just got this game about a week ago,didn't realize there was an EE edition coming out!!Oh well having fun playing this game,best game of the series imho.

Kind of an odd decision, really...The game wasn't really a "looker", but it looked far more outdated when it comes to character models and facial/overall animations. Curious business strategy for something that received "meh" reception and in a same year with as many strong GOTY contenders.
Piranha Bytes would do better with remastered Gothic(s) version.

Totally agree. Especially for crappy sequels to crappy games.

Yeah, almost like DS were trying to prove that quantity has a quality on its own...

I think risen 2 was even better than 1 in some ways.
Risen 3 feels like a cartooned version of the other risen. At least from the first hours of playing. I hope it will change. Risen 2 was definitely a surprise game changer after overcoming the hard combat part, the weak lowlevel thing.

Perhaps the new ee risen3 supports directx 11?

Edit
Woops for ps4. That means pc users with competent machine already use that ultra setting.

Last edited:
Maybe they wanted a practice project on a current gen console so Elex wouldn't be their absolute first attempt.

I finished Risen 3 yesterday and I am absolutely not interested in the Enhanced Edition as I consider it to be a horrible game.

I have a very high regard for Gothic I & II and tend to be favourable towards Piranha Bytes. However, at least to me, Risen 3 shows that they are nothing but a shadow of their former self.

I like the Gothic formula but I also like novelty and innovation so I was fearful that this game would simply follow the same old formula. And yes, from the very beginning I had this strong "been there done that" feeling and couldn't avoid being to some extent sick and tired of it.

Whoever it was that decided to place enemies every 10m should be burned at the stake. I mean, who the hell wants to explore a beautiful world only to be attacked literally every few seconds? The continuous grinding was really pissing me off in an unprecedented way and I was seriously considering quitting the game. But then I joined the mages and got access to spells, which made combat easier but more importantly faster making the grind more bearable. I played on hard difficulty but combat was nothing but spamming a single spell and some rolling/evading.

The islands where too small making the exploration aspect rather pointless, which is a shame since they did retain the attractive handcrafted world design.

The story felt uninspired and was presented very badly and the majority of quest were of the typical fetch/kill kind.

One thing that I tend to dislike is "caricature" voice acting so it doesn't add to my enjoyment to hear pirates, natives and gnomes, especially if you are already in a foul mood :). And I really really hate those f***ing gnomes. Their speech and associated attempts at humour just come across as too juvenile.

Oddly enough, I didn't feel that negative towards Risen 2. But from the very begining I simply got off on the wrong foot with this game, particularly due to the apparent recycling of an old formula without any noticeable novelties nor improvements and the horrible grind.

Granted, the larger emphasis on companions can be considered a novelty when compared to earlier installments and I did like that they make comments during exploration making them feel more than just a "glorified summon" to aid in battle.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I finished it yesterday and the feeling of disappointment still needs to wear off :).

Last edited:
I always find it curious when someone says a game is horrible yet still played it to completion, and Risen 3 is a fairly long game.

I agree with Gorath, Risen 3 is a good game. My only problem was that I felt it dragged on towards the end. It should have been 15-20% shorter imo, but I feel that way about a lot of RPGs.

The atmosphere is there though, and the exploration is the best in a PB game since Gothic 2.

Back
Top Bottom