SH: Crimes & Punishments - Now Available

aries100

SasqWatch
This game was released on Sept 30th. Here's a quote about what this game does differently than the others:

Unlike the previous Sherlock Holmes investigations, you won't merely be following the great detective as he conducts his enquiries; in "Crimes & Punishments" you actually play Sherlock Holmes and carry out your own investigations; several in fact, because in this game you won't just have to solve one, but eight high-profile, gripping and varied cases. Murders, disappearances, spectacular thefts and sensational cases will sometimes take you to the realms of the fantastic in this stunning game of investigation in the fine tradition of the Conan Doyle novels.
A quote about the new engine:

Crimes & Punishments marks the most important stage in the Sherlock Holmes series. The decision by Frogwares studios to switch from the in-house engine to the Epic Unreal Engine 3 enables a much richer, more immersive and detailed rendering of both the environments and characters. But the change of game engine has not only improved the graphics; new investigation techniques have been developed and the game can now offer 14 game mechanics.
You can view the launch trailer here.

More information.

I hear this latest one is more like a Telltale game, I.e. interactive novel. If the writing is good enough, I can enjoy those. The first season of The Walking Dead was OK. I played the first chapter of season 2 free on Android but didn't like it as much, so I didn't bother buying the other chapters. Just finished The Wolf Among Us, recently released on Android, and liked that one the best. Felt it was worth the $15.

I'm a Sherlock Holmes fan and have come close to pulling the trigger on this one. Just not sure I want to spend $30 on it (currently on sale on Steam for $10 off). So, thanks for the post, and I wouldn't mind hearing impressions if folks around here have played it.

I have heard really good things about this one, and a gameplay video I watched impressed me quite a bit. I definitely am going to pick this game up.

Back
Top Bottom