Age of Conan - Servers cut from 49 to 18

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Cutting back to the bare minimum it seems, the full annoucement and merger details can be seen at the offical forums here.
As you probably have heard, we merged the two US servers 'Bloodspire' and 'Hyperborea' on 7th of January. We monitored the new server closely and can confirm that the merge was going very well and without issues. So we will now proceed with the next steps for the other servers.

Firstly, we present you the list of the planned servers to be merged (see below). We will proceed with merging next week and the specific date and time as well as the expected downtime will be announced soon too. As a general information we can already say that the plan is to merge all EU servers in one go and all US servers in another go.
More information.

This game must have been a huge failure ,it hasn't been open for a year and they are already closing down some servers?To think that I wanted to retry MMOs with it...

Huge failure is more like tabula rasa / hellgate. If AoC continues to make money like i.e LOTR its still a success. They might just had too many servers at start - there was quite a rush back then. 18 alone is quite a lot - i.e uo had less during its peak years.

Just because game doesnt have millions of players doesnt mean that its a failure.
Ive played ww2ol since 2001 and it has mostly ever had only 1 server. And they continue the develop the game. They have money and subscriptions. Ive never thought it as a "failure". The game is more like "niche" that suits perfectly my tastes.

In similar way you could say that every computer game that doesnt sell millions is a failure and not worth playing. Also even though it does sell millions you still might not like it - you might even like better the game that sold less. Sales numbers alone are not a sure guarantee how good a game is.

There is no such thing as "generic taste". The best game for everyone is a niche game that suits perfectly their tastes. However for many such games dont exist (or they dont know that they exist) so they end up playing games that suit the most tastes by average.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom