DA:O Dragon Age as a Spiritual Successor to Baldur's Gate

Dragon Age: Origins
I've got a fan crush on Claudia Black dating back to her Farscape days.

Hey! I thought this thread was about Morrigan and I! Hmmm, I think I need to go outside and see the sun again.

Also, I just reloaded an older save game to get Wynne back. I almost can't believe how much stuff you can miss out on by making certain decisions in dialogue. This always bothers me in RPGs. It's a trade off between what I really want to do and how much I will be missing if I do one thing or other. But I suppose that's the thing it's got above real life. You can always load up an old save game. :)

At least Dragon Age does seem to have cool consequences either way (e.g. Redcliffe's entering the Fade vs. killing the kid outright).

Last edited:
The Fade is the most interesting section of the game, but it can be rather dull once you've already done it. But the first time I was there, I was thoroughly fascinated by the writing and I think the dream-concept of the Fade is pretty great.

I was afraid it would get dull and drag on too long, but it's was really very bad. They did a good job with keeping it interesting and throwing in different characters/dialogue and fights. Morrigan arguing with Flemmeth/demon was classic. :) I really wish to revisit the Fade with the other characters. What kind of demon would Dog get and how does he respond to it? Must be very funny.

Most people seemed to either love or hate The Fade. I must admit I'm one of the latter. I've never liked dream-like sequences like that in games, and The Fade was no different. My biggest peeve was how many permanent +1 stat bonuses were simply laying around everywhere.

The +1 stat thing forces a min-maxer like myself to use the respecialization mod :)

Otherwise, it's simply too much of a pain to plan for…

Curiously, I normally HATE sequences like The Fade in a game. I have no idea why I didn't in DA - but I think it has to do with me actually reading and caring about the story for once. I got sort of absorbed into the world, and especially the Fade/Magic concept.

Not looking forward to that sequence again, though, as I feel certain I'd be quite bored the second time.

Her nose is her most attractive feature, IMHO. She's got a really nice voice, though.

I could never decide if I was attracted to her. One day, yes, the next day no, but yes, great voice! (I'm sure all the tight leather helped on the yes days!)

*nods* I agree too. But then again, I liked Awakening a lot more than Origins, so I guess I'm biased

Me neither, but dark clouds are gathering again. I have New Vegas and I've reactivated my World of Warcraft account anticipating the release of Cataclysm as well. I'm sure Dragon Age will be gathering dust again before long. :(

I loved my first play through of Dragon Age. And swapped around party members VERY frequently for gameplay and banter variety. Not sure I would get much out of a second play through of Origins, since I also played through all the origin intro options, too...

I played through three, with two beyond after you get taken away with the Warden. I was amazed at how much the game plays into your background and race. I will definitely need to play the rest of the Origins, too.

Many years ago, there was actually a WiSim in which you had to make and distribute PC games or software in general ?

Its focus was - as a German game, naturally ;) -on the economics part, but it was a nice try nevertheless. I never played it, though.

Today, in such a WiSim the marketing aspect would probably play a much bigger role that years before …

["WiSim" is the German gaming term for "Wirtschafts-Simulation", meaning an "economy simulation".]

Back
Top Bottom