The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Whatever we're going to do, I'd suggest that we decide on it as soon as possible. I went onto Lamannia last night, and it frankly is going to take me some time to figure it out - the new UI makes it hard to find things, as nothing is labeled & you have to hover over each item to determine what it is. The PDF Enhancements file will help alot, but I know that I personally will not be able to LR even a single toon quickly, so I need to know which one to work on. I can't speak for anyone else on this, but if we wait till the end of the week to decide, I may simply not be ready.

Of my toons, Jhianna will probably not be LR'ing right away. I've also got a level 6 Druid, but I have not been playing her & have not decided what I'm going to do with her yet, so she's going to be sitting for a while. That leaves my level 16 Ranger, my level 8 Arty, & my level 8 Rogue (who is my Friday toon).

I too would prefer to wait for the planner to be out, but I don't know if we've got a firm ECD on that, & we could be waiting a lot more than a couple of weeks. Having worked on a fan based development project, I can guarantee that even with a very dedicated team, things take a lot longer than anyone expects, simply because everyone has other (RL) things that interfere.

Using the free LR first (assuming everyone still has it for their toons), might be a good way to go: It would let us figure things out, and allow time for the character planner to come out. Then, in a few weeks we can use the 20-heart of wood they're supplying with U19 to fix the problems we didn't know enough to avoid.

Just a thought: I have seen a few comments on the forums stating that it is possible (please note I'm not saying optimum) to simply select the enhancements & continue to play successfully without doing the LR. There would be some reductions in capability, but perhaps at level 8 we could continue without leveling to 9.

We should at least try it, because frankly, I think we'll be going in blind trying to do it without a decent planner. And, if Turbine makes changes based on user feedback (aka: howls & screams), I don't know if they'll issue another free LR. I'm going to attempt doing that with one or two of my toons, and may also try to set up a spreadsheet planner for one of them. TBD on the spreadsheet.

Edit:
I've seen reports that a supposedly fixed bug affecting selecting enhancements is not fixed, and that players are having to pay to reset when it doesn't work right. Perhaps another reason to wait to LR? See link below:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...T-CHARGE-PP-or-SHARDS-FOR-A-BROKEN-ENH-SYSTEM

Edit:
While I hope it's typo, but I don't think it is from the description: Arcane Archer Impue Slaying arrows are pretty much gone. It's now a single arrow with a 20 second cooldown. Basically a clicky masquerading as an enhancement. Haven't tested it yet though, as I'm still working on my Ranger ehnancements spreadsheet.

Last edited:
I did reset only enhancements for my level 8 Friday cleric. She lost weapon use, being stuck now to a staff only, but as that is what I had healing lore on not the worse possible situation for now.

This will let Corwin just reset til he gets back home and can access his spread sheets ect.

I was also hit with the enhancement bug on numerous toons. I didn't have to pay to reset the enhancements because of it. What it meant was that some enhancements (about 20 AP's) were not registered so you had to open up the enhancements again and do the ones that were reset. Not a big deal, just annoying.

I LR'ed my cleric (used the free one so the LR 20 is still available) and added points on both the radiant servant and divine disciple tree. The end result is that my cleric seems to heal better now than before and he has almost the same number of hitpoints. I haven't tested the dps of his offensive spells, but expect them to be slightly weaker.

So I'm pretty happy with my cleric after the changes. I did the same to my other cleric with the same result.

My level 25 fighter 18 / paladin 2 was respecced to fighter 14 / paladin 6. I'm actually MORE happy with him now than I was before.

I got the good abilities from the kensei tree and got khopesh and bastard sword added to his kensei weapons. DPS seems to be as good as before.

In addition I got unyielding Sovereignty for free, a very good paladin aura (+5 to armor, +3 to saves to the regulars others). +1d6 vs all evil and +2d6 vs evil outsiders. I also got divine might and 3 extra lay on hands (doing about 250 hp per use).

With both divine might (lasting 2 minutes) and power surge I get my strength to 60. That is way better than I had before.

I can't say I have lost much by not going to 18 fighter levels. I got most in the kensei tree anyway. I didn't feel like spending a lot in the stalwart tree.

So fighters are probably very good candidates for splashing quite a few levels into other classes.

My fighter now feels like the paladin I had before, but with decent dps. All I miss are the higher level paladin spells. I have cure light for about 40-50 hp per use and lesser restoration. If I combine my paladin abilities with Unyielding sentinel I get regenerating lay on hands, turn undead uses and smites.

I think a pure paladin and even a paladin with more than 6 levels is a waste. You can even go with just 4 paladin levels for turn undead for divine might. Even just 2 levels for the saves could be enough. I went 6 levels for Uniyielding sovereignty for free + the tier 2 core ability (+2d6 vs evil outsiders).

I will try something similar on my low level fighter, but use undead instead of evil outsiders for tier 0 and tier 2 core abilities. Once I get to Vale I redo the enhancements for evil outsiders.

So the paladin class has now become a pretty decent splash class. I don't recommend going for a main paladin since spending points into charisma won't give you decent dps. You need to spend points into strength. Fortunately you don't have a high charisma requirement for divine might anymore. The only downside to divine might is that it's considered insight boost so it won't stack with e. g. +2 insight bonus to str from the level 20 purple dragon knight commendations gear.

Still, I don't complain since I can get my strength up to 60 now with clickies. When using the +20% damage boost I can do very good dps for a melee. I can't compare to the barbarians using their abilities, but I have self heal that the barbs can only dream of.

My artificer and monk seem to be pretty much the same after the new enhancements. Maybe the dps from blade barriers will be slightly lower. My monk will TR so I won't be able to verify how well he performs.

The conclusion is that I feel we can live with the new enhancements. Old builds won't work as is, but you have new possibilities you can take advantage of. My biggest concern is my half elf fighter being stuck in a bad race. I'm concerned about burning almost 20 AP's to get fvs dilettante up to level 10. If I don't do that then I don't see much reason for being a half elf instead of a human. It's a pity I can't TR this toon now.

Fortunately he's using two handed weapons so he doesn't need as many feats as my other fighter. So I can live with 1 feat less.

I need some help with my Arcane Archer … There are now a whole bunch or arrow options (besides the totally gimped slaying one which I probably won't bother with). Some of them are required if you want to get the capstone (morphing, metaline, aligned & shadow), and several would be nice to have (paralyzing, banishing & smiting). There's also a new "improved elemental arrows" enhancement.

However, where before most of the arrows were a base & a burst, now many of what I think used to have be burst have 3 levels each, as do some of the new ones (force, inferno, terror & shattermantle, paralyzing). The base elemental arrows are essential I think, but I'm not sure which of the rest to choose.

You get a +1 bow enhancement with each of the enhancement options leading to the capstone for a total of +5. Plus there is a "runestone bow" enhancement that adds another +2, which if it's real would mean that the AA's bows would have +7, which would be nice, but, again, that's another 2 AP.

In addition, the favored enemy stuff is now under the Deepwood Stalker tree, with tree levels each for favored defense AC, defense save, attack & damage (a total of 18 AP if you take all levels in all of them) plus another 2 AP for Extra Favored Enemy. Is Favored Enemy even worth taking at this point?

I'd like to take a few from the Tempest tree as she dual wields in some combat situations, but don't know if I'll have enough, as there are some in the elf racial line I want.

Anyone have any guidance they can give me?

Last edited:
I haven't even been able to update yet and won't till tomorrow at the earliest, so I may be in a complete mess!! :) What else is new. I read the PDF which made me even more confused. Where are Jo and Az when you really need them?! :D

Well, Jo's got connectivity problems again, & Don is tied up with RL til Wed or Thurs. Yeah, I know, RL keeps interfering with DDO! ;)

I've finished my ranger spreadsheet, and it is helping me see where I need to make choices. Now on to my arty. What a royal pain this all is. Oh, well.

I was able to spend some time in game early this morning. I'll elaborate later, but I have a rough build for my ranger. Slaying arrows is now indeed a 250, 20sp clicky. I'm not certain it's a nerf though, but again, I have no time to go into detail.

*edit* Also, for those who have LR'd/done the enhancements, post your builds please. I intend to do the same prior to my resets.

Last edited:
I was able to spend some time in game early this morning. I'll elaborate later, but I have a rough build for my ranger. Slaying arrows is now indeed a 250, 20sp clicky. I'm not certain it's a nerf though, but again, I have no time to go into detail.

*edit* Also, for those who have LR'd/done the enhancements, post your builds please. I intend to do the same prior to my resets.

I will post my arcane ranger's enhancements later. I'm holding off LR'ing her for the moment, as it's not essential yet. I finished my spreadsheet & have allocated her action points on it, just haven't gone in & done her enhancements. I ended up dumping favored enemy, as it requires too many points in the deepwood stalker tree to get to attack & damage.

@ Alrik When you died and had your hireling grab your stone so you could run back to res shrine they would keep popping to you if you got to far ahead, but every time they did that they left your stone behind.

This is proving to be a long process, so just have to see how far on who I get. Trying to do my parked toons first for the sake of testing. What a pain.

Thank you.

This

Fixed an issue in the LFM where the "public" option was colliding with the "Hide Content I Don't Own" button, preventing it from working.

took actually VERY long to be fixed : I had reported this UI bug more than half a year ago …

And this

Yellow Augments:

Topaz of Fire Resistance +40

would be nice for Corwin, I guess ... ;)

Peter, I was able to get Mureall's scroll use at max, as well as the two teirs of healing amp, without losing anything from Shintao and actually picking up Rise of the Phoenix, 3d6 SA from Ninja Spy, and enough points to take Shadow Veil for some added defense. With Fighters only having one tree worth investing in now that Defender is broken, you shouldn't have any issues.

My AA build may be viable. More on that later.

My level 16 ranger did her enhancements. I haven't seen a need to LR her, so I'm holding off for now. And, I did the same with my now level 15 cleric. She has lost very little & is healing fine, so no LR for her yet either.

I will be working on my arty next, then on my rogue (both level 8's)

Back
Top Bottom