The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

We went on a midweek night to see the Butthole surfers play live. The show was great Gibby was so drunk. Then some girl in the crowd offer him herself. He left the stage with this sampling over and over again "I would love to stay and play but a B-job sounds so much better".

People waited for sometime for him to come back and finish the set but he never did.

Thrasher I have seen so many Punk, Metal techo shows back in the day. One of the only things I miss about not living a big city any more and married(she doesn't read these post I hope).

That was a huge advantage to living in la during the 80s and 90s. Everyone played here. Even the most obscure and underground, trying to score a better record contract back in the day.

That was a huge advantage to living in la during the 80s and 90s. Everyone played here. Even the most obscure and underground, trying to score a better record contract back in the day.

Yes you being in CA would have been, I was just outside of Toronto in the 80's and in Vancouver during the 90's. Vancouver and Seattle offered a great time for music for me. Not to say Toronto didn't and really still does..Just west coast as you know must know is so much better for the arts. The east just steals what becomes cool out there and tries to make it their own.

Yes you being in CA would have been, I was just outside of Toronto in the 80's and in Vancouver during the 90's. Vancouver and Seattle offered a great time for music for me. Not to say Toronto didn't and really still does..Just west coast as you know must know is so much better for the arts. The east just steals what becomes cool out there and tries to make it their own.
Bah. Shoegaze went east to west. Toronto actually had a thriving scene that celebrates itself back in early 90's. Sounds like you missed out by going west. ;)

Bah. Shoegaze went east to west. Toronto actually had a thriving scene that celebrates itself back in early 90's. Sounds like you missed out by going west. ;)

At the drive-in
Murder City Devils
Super Suckers
Was good friends with Billy hopeless of The black halos
The donna's(though an east coast band)
Drop kick murphy's(some good times with them at the colbot)
List goes on and on.

Didn't mean to knock the East, well maybe a bit.

I mean now there is bands like

Metric

that is about it.

Time for some cover versions. These 3 are IMO excellent:

This

And this

And of course

The Nirvana parody has caused some controversy among Nirvana fans, calling it disrespectful and destroying(!) the original song. But the fact is that, as usual, Weird Al consulted the band before making the video. And Kurt Cobain liked it.

pibbur who has an excellent cover version of Johnn Cage's 4'33"

Last edited:
Talking about covers, here is a Beethoven piano sonata played with an electric guitar.

Another awesome video!

I once programmed the entire guitar track, solo and all, for Mr. Crowley on my IBM PC Jr when I was like 12 years old lol

Yesterday we got news of the passing of the legendary Ornette Coleman, jazz innovator and visionary. His music was at times very difficult, and at other times highly melodic with brilliant compositions throughout. I listened to tons of his stuff yesterday ... here is one of my faves, the rather challenging 'Science Fiction' from 1971. I have this on vinyl as well as a double CD called 'Complete Science Fiction Sessions'.

http://youtu.be/XwGJ5VxFjI8

Last edited:
found this while watching some plants v zombies high scores vids:

Back
Top Bottom