Dragon Age: Inquisition - News Roundup

However, I'm not sure why healing had to be entirely beat down to do so. Seriously, just do a better job balancing healing spells.
Agreed. I also wonder if nerfing healing spells will not create another disbalance?

If that's the whole 200 hours, probably not. But something tells me there's more to the game than that, like story, character building, exploring, talking to stuff, opening chests, trying on armor… ;)
Best case scenario there is 100h of grindy combat like in last two Dragon Age games (or like in Mass Effect that is full of wave after wave of same enemies).
Worst case scenario there is 150+ hours of such combat.

Even 100h is too much, it just reminds me of same bland and grindy combat in Skyrim.

At this point unless the game blows me away when I will be watching streams, it goes into a basket I like to call "not even worth pirating".

I prefer to know as little as possible about games before diving in - as I've learned that too much knowledge taints my experience. So, I don't bother to read previews or reviews with details in them - because I like making up my own mind with a blank slate.

I used to be quite the opposite - and I read everything I could get my hands on. But I ended up spoiling my own pleasant surprise when a game did something novel, and I was almost always disappointed when whatever feature I looked forward to the most, turned out to be half-assed in its implementation.

When I pre-order games, I do it for a couple of reasons. First of all, I'm an extremely impatient person - especially when there's a game I really want to play. I'm unfortunate enough to live in an area where it's impossible to get a decent Internet connection, so my download is ~550 KB/s - and as such, preloading is a relatively big deal for me.

Another reason is that the vast majority of the games I'm interested in, are ones that I already know I'll be playing. So there's no point in waiting to buy them. Well, I could save money by waiting months, but when I want to play a game, it doesn't mean I want to wait.

I'm the same way if I have a craving for apple pie, for instance. If I feel like a piece of pie, I don't go around waiting for months because I can save money. I buy it when I want it.

Then we have the pre-order bonuses - and those can be significant these days. I don't want to miss out on anything if I can help it.

Lastly, the money I have set aside for buying games are set aside because I have them available to spend. I don't care about money much at all in general, as long as I have my needs met. So, the money that aren't there for that reason, I don't really care about.

So, this whole waiting for a sale thing isn't for me. I value the quality of my time a LOT more than how much money I can save. I'm not very disciplined with how I spend that time, however - so I can't really focus on other games, if there's one out that I'm really interested in.

As for DA:I - I'm not sure how good it'll be, but I know for sure that I'm going to be playing it. So, the first good pre-order deal I see will be the one I pick.

Some games I simply pirate to test them, but that's usually only when I have doubts about whether I'd spend more than 5 minutes with them. Also, I tend to find great deals for keys online - and I only ever have second thoughts about buying a key if I have a specific reason to help maximise the profit of a publisher, which is almost never the case.

This is EA, so the cheaper the key the better.

for those of you complaining DA: Origins was a grindfest, you have no idea what you are talking about. I'm looking at you Final Fantasy 11.

for those of you complaining DA: Origins was a grindfest, you have no idea what you are talking about. I'm looking at you Final Fantasy 11.
Just because there are worse grindy games does not excuse DAO.

BTW, I got a question about Lore of DAI. Did they say if the main character in DAI will be one of the two main ones from first two games or a totally new one?
And did they say what happened to two main ones from first two games?

Question 1 - totally new one;
Question 2 - no idea :)

Excuse DAO from what exactly? your opinion? :iloveyou:

The only way a critic is going to be happy is if every single encounter is some sort of nirvana con flux, then I suggest a couple chinese thumb traps to keep you occupied for a few years.

BTW, I got a question about Lore of DAI. Did they say if the main character in DAI will be one of the two main ones from first two games or a totally new one?
And did they say what happened to two main ones from first two games?

1) Already answered by zahratustra.
2) Depends on what happened to the main character in those games. The world state at the start of DA: I depends on about 300 options from the previous two games. For example, it is possible for the main character in DA: O to be dead by killing the Archdemon without the aid of Morrigan or Alistair/Loghain.

1) Already answered by zahratustra.
2) Depends on what happened to the main character in those games. The world state at the start of DA: I depends on about 300 options from the previous two games. For example, it is possible for the main character in DA: O to be dead by killing the Archdemon without the aid of Morrigan or Alistair/Loghain.
OK, since it is confirmed that it is a new character, did they say if you are at least going to meet the Warden and Hawke? I doubt they are going to kill them off.

I was hoping that Warden would be main character in DAI since he/she already saved the world, became super powerful and is well known. It would be logical to have him/her as figurehead for the organization that is again trying to save it again.

Didn't the lady from inquisition approach Hawke at end of DA2?

Hawke - confirmed to be in DAI.
Warden - not sure. I don't see them doing much with the Warden as he may be dead in many playthroughs.

OK, since it is confirmed that it is a new character, did they say if you are at least going to meet the Warden and Hawke? I doubt they are going to kill them off.

I was hoping that Warden would be main character in DAI since he/she already saved the world, became super powerful and is well known. It would be logical to have him/her as figurehead for the organization that is again trying to save it again.

Didn't the lady from inquisition approach Hawke at end of DA2?

Well, like I said, it is possible for the Warden to die at the end of DA: O, so it was never an option for him/her to be the main character of DA2 or DA: I. They actually want that option to be viable, so the Warden could very well have died killing the Archdemon in DA: I, depending on your specific settings. Then again, he could also be the King of Ferelden, depending on the choices made (Human Noble -> marry the Queen).

I suspect references will be made to the Warden, depending on what he/she did and so on, but I doubt there will be an actual meeting. Hawke, however, could actually be possible. I wouldn't put my money on it, but there's no real reason why it shouldn't happen, as Hawke is definitely alive and kicking.

At the end of DA2, Varric is being questioned by Cassandra about Hawke, due to the chaos that has just started, but I don't think Varric ever tells her where Hawke is right now. However, Cassandra implies that Hawke is at the very heart of the unfolding events, so it would be very, very odd if Hawke is completely missing. Hawke should definitely be doing something in DA: I or BioWare has missed the mark completely when it comes to the ending of DA2.

Which is not impossible at all given the ending of ME3. However, I hope they've learned from their mistakes.

Edit:
Really? As a reference only or an actual presence? I would be very interested in reading what they said about that particular topic if you could find the posts/quotes/whatever.

Well I won't be loading any previous game saves so I will just be using whatever default setting there is. I never cared much for exact continuation of story in ME games as well or in BG2 (I rather try out different characters in BG2).

Well I won't be loading any previous game saves so I will just be using whatever default setting there is. I never cared much for exact continuation of story in ME games as well or in BG2 (I rather try out different characters in BG2).

You can always just use the new Dragon Age Keep website thing to set certain parameters before starting the game. I'd actually recommend doing that, because BioWare's default choices tend to be somewhat George R. R. Martin - everyone died and it was all miserable. The end.

Yes Mike Laidlaw confirmed it via twitter. They even showed female Hawke in a trailer (see below) so actual presence. Not much info on Hawke's role though.

http://www.gameskinny.com/2py1c/bio...nquisition-trailer-with-appearance-from-hawke

Ooh very interesting, thank you. I doubt the article when it says Hawke is now canonically female though, as it's probably based on choice. I'm guessing Hawke's appearance is based on certain factors.

I'm unfortunate enough to live in an area where it's impossible to get a decent Internet connection, so my download is ~550 KB/s -

I always thought Scandinavia had the fastest internet connections in the world. Is Sweden hogging all the bandwidth? ;)

You can always just use the new Dragon Age Keep website thing to set certain parameters before starting the game. I'd actually recommend doing that, because BioWare's default choices tend to be somewhat George R. R. Martin - everyone died and it was all miserable. The end.
If that site is locked into your EA/Origin account I cannot as I don't have one and don't plan to get one.

If that site is locked into your EA/Origin account I cannot as I don't have one and don't plan to get one.
Sorry but I have to ask this since you don't have an Origin account you must be going to pirate the game then? As an Origin account is needed just to play the game.o_O

I always thought Scandinavia had the fastest internet connections in the world. Is Sweden hogging all the bandwidth? ;)

We do have some very high speeds in most areas, but I'm currently located in a particularly unfortunate little place where decent bandwidth seems to be science fiction.

Warden - not sure. I don't see them doing much with the Warden as he may be dead in many playthroughs.

The Warden is not in DAI (that too was confirmed), he/she is mentioned though.

As for Hawke's role, hints have been leaked in like the last 3 official trailers. BioWare isn't really hiding that plot line.

Back
Top Bottom