DS2-Broken World questions

dteowner

Shoegazer
I didn't get a peep over at the Dot, so I'll try again here at our new home.

#1- self inflicted. I finished round 3 of the original game at level 84. I went ahead and played the Elite level of the expansion with my party. Overall, it's not too bad even though I'm a bit overmatched, but many of the "strategy additions" like the death clouds of toxic vulks and every attack of Kartos are instant death for my band of goofs. A bit frustrating.
#2- Is Kartos supposed to be unbeatable? With ~700,000 HP and instant death area-of-effect attacks, I don't see how I stand a chance. Even with hit-n-run tactics, he eventually teleports into the middle of the party and someone dies before they can escape his attack zone. Even a stout "steal magic" spell doesn't slow him down much.
#3- I've encountered 2 guardian statues that won't give me the time of day. Celia and Kalani won't speak of them, so I'm a bit puzzled just what I'm supposed to do.
#4- How about that magic totem pole in town?
#5- What about all those magically blocked caves?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

You should be able to access the caves eventually if you talk to the right people - they are mostly side-quest stuff.

Kartos isn't invulnerable ... just a PITA like every boss - you'll die and retry a few times.

Don't know about the others ... it left an impression like a twinkee on me ...

Back
Top Bottom