NWN2 Quick question about NWN expansions

Neverwinter Nights 2

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist
Thinking about giving NWN another shot. Never played any of the user mods (outside of the initial Witcher's Wake) and got bored with the OC.

I hated the minions in the OC, how you couldn't really control them, level them, have them carry stuff, etc.

At some point in the expansions, didn't they give you another minion and more control over them? If so, how much control? Do they level? Can you take direct control over them? Have them carry stuff? Etc.?

Yes. But you still don't have that much control like in team-based cRPGs - you can't direct control them. But you can change their equipment or they can carry stuff in backpack. And yes - they level up, but always has one level lower than player (like in OC, right?). And you can have more people in team - I don't remember well, but 3 or 4 probably.

The Henchman are much more bearable if you install Tony Ks AI-Pack. They are a bit smarter and you can equiq them even in the OC (and let them carry the loot^^).

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Hakpaks.Detail&id=4510

In SoU you got one Dual-Classed Henchman you can equiq and who you can influence what class he prefers (IIRC in SoU they have the same level then your character). In HoTU you travel usually with two Henchman with two or more classes, (only a very short time with 3 Henchmen) and a Mage can create a pretty useful Golem, wich counts as a summon.

From the memory, you get to take around 2 henchmen in HotU. Also you get access to their inventory. I think thats pretty much about it... didn't find big enhancement in expansion regarding henchmen.

From the memory, you get to take around 2 henchmen in HotU. Also you get access to their inventory. I think thats pretty much about it... didn't find big enhancement in expansion regarding henchmen.

Yup. Also, you only get to pick one of the followers -- the other one is Deekin.

Yup. Also, you only get to pick one of the followers -- the other one is Deekin.

Only at the start - just kick him out later (or don't recruit him) and recruit another henchmen (But the "OC-Veterans" can't follow you to chapter 2 while Deekin can).

I completed the Underdark-Chapter with the Drow-Assassin and the Tiefling-Warrior.

And *now* you tell me.

Looks like a HotU replay is on the cards. I just finished MotB (again). Good show, though the final battle was as annoying as ever.

Back
Top Bottom