Legend of Eisenwald - Preview @ RPGCodex

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGCodex has received a beta copy of Legend of Eisenwald resulting in an article on the game.
You're not developing towns and you're not controlling several individual armies, as you do in strategy/RPG hybrids such as Heroes of Might & Magic or Age of Wonders. Instead, you focus on controlling a single band of adventurers led by your hero. Perhaps a likeness could be drawn to Mount & Blade in this regard. As you come across villages, churches and other locations, you will be able to recruit low tier units such as peasants or priests. Your followers, like in Mount & Blade, will gain experience in battle. With sufficient experience points, you will then be able to upgrade them. Peasants will become armored and blonde women will turn brunette. Your hero on the other hand, will instead be able to upgrade via skills chosen in a talent tree.
Another way to improve your hero and your hero's followers is to equip items. These items, such as weapons, armors, potions and trinkets, can be bought from merchants found in locations scattered all over the scenario map. You may also see some items drop from defeated enemies if you're lucky, or get them as quest rewards.
Thanks GhanBuriGhan.
More information.

Read the preview, hell, I'm in.
Where do I preorder?

This KS project is late compared to scheduled release date.

Will wait for final version. Good to hear from it.

I have the beta too! Haven't played it much though. Too many games. I really liked what I tried though.

And which KS project isn't late? All of my 2012 batch have been pushed back to 2013 now. Although, I do have beta/alpha for a few of them.

Where do I preorder?

On the official website.

Thanks azarhal.
Just added it on my 01.01.2013 to do list... Which is growing exponentially. :)

Can't believe I didn't know about this one when the kickstarter was available...

Where do I preorder?
If you take a look at their website, you can still pre-order the digital download for $15 through Paypal.

I like the quote in one of the medieval screen shots: "Your Grace, how about making an extra dime yourself?"

A dime, of course, being the ancestor of the shilling. :p

It does look good doesn't it.

They just did a new Kickstarter update with the game theme song, a video and the news that they are on Steam Greenlight.

Back
Top Bottom