Original Sin Statue for RPGWatch

HiddenX you have too much money :D

Anyway. I was thinking we could make into a bit like the Night's Watch in Game of Thrones. It's THE Watch. The Watch is a place only the most honourable of soldiers get sent to. It's a 5 year duty and the prestige that comes with having been a member of the Watch is unrivalled in all of the land. Most of the top governmental positions are filled by alumni of the Watch.

Quests could be to help them, or try and join them (and fail), get to become an honorary member of the Watch for services rendered. It could also involve a conspiracy to take the Watch down by some criminal interests and you could either help them or try and stop them. And so On. This could be for the 10K point.

This is my knowledge of the Night Watch: (not all shiny knights...)
The highborn of the North have traditionally considered it an honor to serve on the Wall. Many younger sons of Northern houses, low in the line of succession, gladly took the black. 300 years after Aegon's conquest, only three castles remain in use and the Night's Watch's numbers have dwindled to fewer than a thousand men. Not only that, but the Night's Watch is now largely made up of the misfits of the Seven Kingdoms: peasants, debtors, poachers, rapers, thieves, and bastards. Only a few of the noble and knightly houses south of The Neck have members in the Night's Watch, and most serve because they fought on the wrong side of a war or fell afoul of political machinations.

Well, HiddenX, you're being so generous =) Guess I'll contribute a little more as well.

HiddenX you have too much money :D

Believe me - this is a lot of money for me, too.
But's it feels good to aim for the highest stretch goal with a group of mad crpg fans.
And I want to give something back. RPGDot and RPGWatch were a little part of my life the last 13 years or so. Much information, discussions, news & fun.

I have not so much time for discussions nowadays (work and stuff), but I still visit at a daily basis. :)

And don't expect me going crazy on a regular basis in the next Kickstarters…

Last edited:
Oh it is, IT IS!! Believe me!!!! :)

Damn you people with your nice rewards!

Ok, I've upped my pledge :p

Contributors can tell their story ideas here.

We still don't know what is easy to implement for Larian and what is too costly.
This depends much on the capabilities of the new editor and what is already implemented in the game.

First of all this fundraiser is to give Larian as much money to make the game they want to make. They gave us already a bunch of goodies and the Imps vs. Watch quest.
If Larian has enough resources until October we can give them new quest ideas, story arcs and stuff. But I think they have already enough in their current requirement specification :)

1) bug free game and editor: priority number #1
2) fan ideas: priority number #2

PS:
With a good game editor we can mod/enhance the game later on by ourselves.

I have added a donation. I have already contributed through Kickstarter but thought I should support RPGWatch. I use the site a lot but rarely get the time to post.

984$ to go for More Stuff -> whatever this is - who cares :)

We need more volunteers for our cause:

Your only qualifications:

You have finished at least 1 turn based crpg (without questmarkers!)
You can discuss crpg-elements 5 hours long without getting bored
Your post count at the Codex is below 1000 ;)

or

your name is Commander Myrthos ;)

Last edited:
Well, that rules me out, I don't qualify for item 2 :)

I've just seen this thread and the news item about RPGWatch raising funds - if I had known I would have put my KS bid through here rather than directly on KS!

I get paid on Friday so I will add a little bit of cash to the pot then, if that's not too late :)

We could possibly place a marker on the main page graphics showing the 8750 mark at which point Hidden says he'll top it off.. It's encouraging to see the goal getting closer and closer :)

Heh..even posting this though I still can't believe you'll do this but its really appreciated =).

Somehow we'll get this -> posted some new tactics :cool: to Myrthos - we'll see what the Commander says…

Wow hidden x your hardcore. I thought my $300 between the watch and the kickstarter was a lot for 1 game.

I may put in another $20 just to help the Cause but they have already been funded and reached all stretch goals so that would probably be my limit.

It would be sad if another worthy and deserving kickstarter pops up and I couldn't contribute because I put all my money in to an already funded project.

Really hope the watch reaches the final goal but I've spent my limit for this project. Even if we don't hit the final goal it's still been a very impressive showing IMO.

Everyone is going to the limit for this game with a lot of potential.
Somehow Myrthos started this all - Dark Underlord responded - and I'm proud of the Watch & the Codex that they got the last stretch goal for Larian.

Back
Top Bottom