Elder Scrolls Online - Update 5 Now Live

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
ZeniMax Online has released the next patch for Elder Scrolls Online.

Update 5 is here, so log in now to find out what new adventures it brings to ESO. There’s a lot to love in this update—let’s dive in!

The Veteran version of City of Ash has opened, continuing the dungeon’s story and presenting challenging new bosses for you and your allies to defeat. As you play through the new story, you’ll notice that we’ve also implemented an improved facial animation system that gives the NPCs you’ll meet a much more natural and realistic look.

Did you miss one of the dungeons while you were leveling? With the new dungeon scaling system, you can play through any of them at an appropriate challenge level. Dungeons and their loot now scale to your group leader’s level. The same system applies to solo instances, as well.

If you love crafting, running dungeons, or both, we have another exciting addition for you: Writs and Pledges! Every day, you’ll be able to undertake new Writs and Pledges, which will have you crafting to fulfill orders and delving into dungeons to defeat bosses. You’ll be rewarded for your efforts, so give these new quests a try.

That’s not all you’ll find in Update 5: we’ve implemented chat bubbles, continued our improvements to Veteran Ranks, added the Dwemer crafting style, a new crafted item set, and many bug fixes and other changes. Read the full patch notes here to get every bit of Update 5 goodness!

Update 5 is available right now—log in and check out all the new excitement. We can’t wait to see you in Tamriel!
More information.

Anyone still playing this?

I'm playing on and off, and I'm impressed by the improvements. They've done a lot of work making it better - and these new facial animations make a significant difference, because lip syncing was awful before - where it's pretty good now.

When the new Justice system gets implemented, I'm planning to go back playing "full-time".

Overall, I think it's the best MMO on the market - but it's still not ideal as a grouping MMO when it comes to leveling together. The quests are dialogue heavy - and you don't participate in them (the actual dialogues) together. This is one area where SWtOR is better - though the actual quest mechanics are crap in that game.

Resubscribed to this game for this update, and I have to say it is significantly better now compared to the third month. Still a fairly active community as well, now is a good time to return if you want to group or roll alts in preparation for the Champion system.

Yes it is one of the better MMO's out there. I found the writing and voice work especially good (doesn't talk down to you). I plan to resub sooner rather than later, too. I'm glad they are still working to improve it!

I admit that I have re-subbed also.There is a whole lot of content and they haven't stopped updating which has to be a good thing.

Only one I'm paying for at the moment. It's improved quite a bit with each update.

The open beta couldn't keep me interested. So you're saying that it's significantly better from that time, then?

Me too. I have a fully paid CE copy sitting around so might give this try once I am done with the new WoW expansion.

Back
Top Bottom