The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Alrik, the armor part is for the armor kits you can buy out of the DDO store. They just change the appearance of the armor. Most are kinda ugly IMO, and you probably don't want to use one unless you have an armor you know you'll be keeping a long time.

Peter, I misread the build, thought that you put all 5 level ups into STR. FoP is definitely not needed on a Pally.

I have another noob's question : Cm is still in my group, even although she's offline. How do I dissolve this group ?

Right click on her name, and dismiss Alternately, right click on your name, and leave group.

Lots of Khopeshes added to the guild chest in advance of Fireflash's TR. Since the build above is THF, I've been dumping my Khopeshes out, keeping only a few useful ones until TR time. Other stuff as well, I've been doing inventory maintenance. Including a Acid Greatsword.

Right click on her name, and dismiss Alternately, right click on your name, and leave group.

Didn't work. Found out a chat command intead. Solved it.

As we get our wave of TRs, don't forget to update your rosters over in the MMO forum, folks.

To our newer guildies, make sure to check on the guild chest. With the TRs, there's going to be a lot of us taking care of some long-overdue inventory cleaning which means lots of goodies hitting the chest. Even if you can't use the item now, grab it and put it in your bank. Items are there to be taken and (eventually) used, so don't be shy. Wouldii went thru and cleared out a dozen items or so for crafting and the chest is nearly full again, so get to it, peoples! :D

Last edited:
This weekend I worked towards completing my greensteel items for the 2 characters I will TR. I ran Running with devils about 5 times for pebbles and lily petals. Then switched to coalescence chamber 10 times to get funks and twigs. I ended up with ransack on my favored soul so I had to switch to my cleric.

I have to admit I feel it was a choir doing it and I'm quite tired of coal chamber right now.

The status now is that I just need 3 twigs or 2 twigs / 1 pebble or 1 twig / 2 pebbles. I will get that from running Rainbow in the dark 3 times unless I end up with 3 pebbles. But I can then trade a pebble for a twig I hope.

I expect to run the final choir today so I can create my blanks for a blacers for my paladin (+ to cha skills and extra spellpoints) and dwarven axe for my cleric.

I have what I need for small ingredients for tier 1. I only need 3 medium devil scales, 2 medium twisted shrapnel and 1 medium arrowhead to get tier 2 for both items as well. I expect to run the Shroud with my 4 toon a number of times to get these items.

If all goes well I have my tier 2 items done by the weekend. This means I will have my 2 TR'ed level 1 characters ready by then.

I will continue to do Shroud runs for my 2 high level characters and get ingredients. I still need large ingredients for them, but small and medium ingredients can I give to those of you who want to make greensteel items later. I will just collect them from my Shroud runs.

I also have some extra materials from the Vale quests (except funks, twigs and pebbles) that I can give to someone who need them. Later when we get to Vale and have to run to flag I can give my mats to those of you needing them.

When we start leveling up again I hope we will do guild runs to farm nice items and item sets in different quests. It's much more fun running as a group knowing that at least somebody gets something nice than being in a pug and be unlucky with pulls all the time.

Both my toons will have a greensteel weapon, a greensteel hitpoint item and a greensteel spellpoint item

Last edited:
I think it would be nice if we start playing our TR'ed toons at the same time so we can do the low level stuff at level on elite. We can link up with Alrik and other new guildies and play with them as well.

Who will we have as TR'ed toons at level 1?
Dteowner: Phuury wizard level 1
Corwin: Reywindd ranger level 2
Peter: KarlPeter paladin level 1
Peter: RolfPeter cleric level 1
Azraelck: Fireflash? Bard?
Jm: ? Favored soul?
Cm: Kerriabaka? Testovina? Kerriatao? Melee?

I suggest we wait playing up our TR'ed toons until all who want to TR have completed so nobody is left behind. Therefore it would be nice if we know approximately when all toons are supposed to be TR'ed so we don't start playing them up too early.

How far should we play up until we begin guild play with our low level toons? Reywindd is already level 2, but that's not a problem since the rest of us will get there within a few quests in Korthos.

I must memorize all of those names. Sometimes I don't know who is who, lol ;)

JM wants to run Korthos (snowy side) as a group, just as Peter mentions, and I think that's an excellent idea (particularly for a certain hocus-pocus noob). Phuury is TR'd and ready to go. I put him thru the tutorial and stopped. I'd like to knock out snowy side to everyone's satisfaction sometime soon (like maybe this Friday if that works) since the TR is my new shiny and he's on the shelf until we complete that. Once we all get to Stormreach, we can do some solo stuff without anyone getting left behind, me thinks.

If everyone isn't ready to TR this week, we could do some more work in Shavarath. Although it would make more sense to run Wouldii for XP, I wouldn't mind getting Bot some exercise in the Shav quests. You know, show Peter how a proper healer works… :D

@Peter- JM's doing a FvS. Rumor has it CM is going to try a rogue (you can borrow my RhoGu build so you don't go into melee withdrawal, dearie ;) ). With the trap monkey functions covered, Az was redoing his bard build to add some melee ability. The group is still a little light in the pants on dps, so I'd recommend you focus on KarlP for the group and mostly use RolfP for your PUG runs although obviously that's up to you.

Last edited:
I have enough materials to get my greensteel for one of my 2 toons so I will get KarlPeter TR'ed as soon as he has run his next Shroud run. Then he will be available on Friday. I just want confirmation that Jm will get her toon TR'ed so we have a healer.

A Favored Soul actually shines in other areas than healing so I can foresee scenarios where my cleric will accompany her. This depends on her build, but if she goes for an evoker as I did then she will be an excellent caster with good dps. Empowered and maximized blade barriers are awesome. If a favored soul is with a cleric then the cleric can heal and the favored soul blast stuff. A favored soul can actually shine in melee too (Mirys is an example). I like the favored soul because it's a very good and versatile character with great survivability. You can solo many quests with a favored soul.

I could have gone for a favored soul again, but I think having some kind of variance by having radiant aura and turn undead will help us a lot. In Shroud I feel that a cleric is somewhat easier than a favored soul due to the radiant aura. You can focus on healing the melees while the aura heals you. A favored soul will often stop healing the melees because the blades hit hard. That can be devastating for the group if it happens at the wrong time.

Also remember that around level 10 we will catch up the other toons you have so we have more variety in choice.

Well, here's how I see the TR's shaping up given the builds and the tendencies of the people running them (and it's entirely possible I'm wrong):

dte- crowd control, buffs, lots of screaming like a schoolgirl, "Aaaaand I'm dead"
cm- trap monkey, melee
jm- healing, buffs, secondary crowd control, emergency melee
az- buffs, melee, emergency healing
corwin- ranged, emergency buffs, Olympic jumper
peter- serious melee, emergency healing

If we're going to get serious about this run, each of us should probably give some thought to the gear we want/need. That way we can plan what quests to run/farm ahead of time so we do them somewhere close to level. I'd really like to have a little better plan of what we're running as a group so that PUGers/solos/partials can avoid running those quests. There's enough content that we should be able to "block out" stuff we know the group will farm, such as Delera. For example, I expect Corwin will draw up a list of bows he'll want as he progresses (nicked, Silver Longbow, Bow of Sinew) and we'll want to run the appropriate quests as a group to give him the best chance of getting them. Corwin and I, in particular, are going to have to do a little homework with the wiki figuring out useful items.

Last edited:
Sounds about right, though unless a miracle happens I won't be ready to tr for a couple of weeks at best. Depends on a trade going through and a large shrapnel dropping.

I'm giving corwin my old silver bow, but anything better will be bound.

Azraelck, I think we can borrow ingredients from each other. E. g. I have some large ingredients I can't use for awhile since I need 3 more large devil scales.

I did a Shroud today and got 4 medium devil scales (2 from trading a +2 tome of intelligence). So I'm on up on those. I got a medium shrapnel and just need one medium arrowhead and one medium shrapnel to be ready to get the last T2 GS for both my toons.

I'm running Rainbow in the dark with Cm to get the twigs I need. One done and two remaining.

So I think we can lend to each other ingredients because we run Shroud and will eventually get what we need to give back. That could be good if you e. g. miss a few ingredients and the others are far from making the next tier. One benefit from being in a guild is that we can cooperate and help each other becoming more powerful.

For me it's always and forever, Shrapnel. Though I have enough smalls and mediums to craft my GS axe that I traded for, and even the shards. Tier III on the other hand is a long way off, with basically everything but gnawed bones and arrowheads in demand. I still haven't gotten my Shrapnel to finish my cloak! In 4 runs!

I at least want to finish that, and maybe get a tier II sp item going. Maybe another CHA skills/3x pos item like my Cleric has; that'd push my UMD up to 45 IIRC. But then I'd need about 14 more runs to get a cleansing stone.

Difference is I never farmed Shroud; I always run to completion, and very rarely run twice in one day barring a wipe. You ran up many farming runs to amass smalls and mediums, but at that point it looks more like a job than a game and I've already got employment. With marginally better benefits.

At any rate, I traded for an Axe, and I can craft the first two tiers come Thursday when I'm off, Wed night if I'm really feeling froggy, but I doubt it. With luck, I could craft the third tier of my cloak, and be ready there. I at least want to get to that point, though I'd like one or two more runs of HoX, Vod, DQ, and VoN if possible. A SoS would negate the need for a LitII for awhile, so I could focus on a MinII DR breaker. A torc would be handy for being able to sustain healing/hage. And of course, goggles from VoD would be DPS and bracers from HoX for healing amp and STR.

Well you boys are so much more organized then I am on all this stuff. I have decided to TR Testy and do a rogue. My current level 10 has some stuff I can pass over. I need to get some help from JM on build decisions. Reading wiki etc is fine but..... I don't think all of us will be ready until Dec 1 so lets plan on running our level 20 whatever on Dec 3 and starting the TR's on the 9th. Then we will have time to sort inventory, maybe trade among ourselves as well once we do it.

Personally I would like us to run the quest JM needs matts from so she and Dte can craft some fortification items. We can do that with our L20's and make fast work of it.

I would also like to see us make a moratorium on running the Friday night TR's any other time. Lets stay at level as a group this time, take our time doing stuff at level and see aspects of the game we passed up. I don't want to feel like we are rushing to get everything done in one session we can because we have a second toon we need to run through the same quests. Just a thought. We can discuss that Friday.

Anyway, I will try to look up what I need, how to build etc and stock up on rogue stuff for a lowbie for now. lol

Cm has fallen off FAR more things than I have!! :p My jumping skills are the stuff of LEGENDS!!!! :)

Somewhere in Stormreach you should hire a legend singer singing your tales. ;)

I just wanted to say that I'm not that organized either. I'm still playing it "just for fun", and don't plan to do farming or so - I guess this world (Eberron) is still too new for me to get into that. ;)

But I'm actually looking forward on doing a few quests with you - but please don't expect me to behave like "normal" MMO players do ... ;) ... I'm too new in this kind of gaming as well. ;)

Also, there might be days when I just need a break.

Cm has fallen off FAR more things than I have!! :p My jumping skills are the stuff of LEGENDS!!!! :)
Indeed, after two years you've managed to get marginally competent jumping with a hocus-pocus type. Unfortunately, now you're a semi-athletic ranger so it's back to square one--falling off anything thicker than a dime. And, lest you let pride get the best of you, CM is going from jumping with a lumbering half-orc to an acrobatic rogue. :p

Well said Sir Dte, well said. :thumbsup:

I want Corwin to run a Half-Orc just so I can listen to him yell "I can't see anything, the wall is blocking my view!.......ACK..........I fell off again!"

Back
Top Bottom