What games are you playing now?

Mostly this:
3777096722_3c7db4fd4e.jpg

A little of this:
3776290703_e9ed65dfa8.jpg

A couple of betas (Heroes of Newerth and Dungeon Fighter Online), a little Sacred 2 ... and still Dawn of Discovery on the DS.

While stuck between meetings and waiting on people, Ive been playing Resident Evil: Degeneration on my Iphone - it's surprisingly fun. It's like RE, all scaled down.

It's only the free demo version, they have the full version of RE4 up for like 7 bucks, and I figured I'd give Re: D a quick spin to see if an RE game could be pulled off on a phone. then again, this is no ordinary phone. I think I might just get it

Besides that, played a little L4D... it's depressing. I think it's over. I play it like 15 mins and I'm bored. Oh well, I feel I got my 50 bucks out of it. Was fun whilst it lasted....

Just a note - it is NOT the full RE4 ... not even close. Most of the story is gone, and if you never played before you will wonder 'WTF'. Actually, I wonder that anyway. It isn't bad in general, but I hate it on principal ;)

Gave Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter another chance and was pleasantly impressed. Don't know why I cut it down so quickly. It's good towards great. Very hard and tense if you play it on the hardest difficulty. Though not as awesome as the old GR games. Those were great squad-combat simulators.

I can't even imagine what my precious RE4 would look like on an Iphone....

Considering one developer said that with the latest updates the iPhone is more powerful than the Wii ...

It is fun ... but if they can put all of Myst on the iPhone, why not all of RE4? And RE4 is expensive for a hacked-down port.

MYST demands very little hardware, and very little space if using modern compression.

MYST demands very little hardware, and very little space if using modern compression.

Initial release of Myst was 750mb on the iPhone ... RE4 iPhone is 37MB! I mean, seriously ... they didn't even TRY!

Initial release of Myst was 750mb on the iPhone ... RE4 iPhone is 37MB! I mean, seriously ... they didn't even TRY!

Shovelware appearently.

Shovelware appearently.

My biggest complaint is that what is there is GOOD, really works well. There is just entirely too much ripped out. No one should pay more than $1.99 for it. That is what my review at Gear Diary will say this week, as well ;)

Mike, are you playing VtM:Bloodlines with Wesp's patch? I'm planning to replay it in the near future and I'm a bit concerned about how far those "plus" changes have gone in these unofficial patches.

Still replaying Gothic. Wow, there's just so many great things about this game it's incredible. As if the cool setting, interesting story, likeable characters, and unique atmosphere weren't enough, there's superb music, enjoyable combat, and many many great little things that help you in immersing yourself in this living, breathing world. Heck, I even love the controls!

One thing I also keep noticing about Gothic is the landscape... I really like it, I've always liked it, there's so many places to climb and fall from, you look in some direction and go: "Oh, I am *so* going up there!" (Hm, you know, Gothic 3 is just too flat overall - thank PB for Nordmar).

Gothic is like a mystical work from another dimension... and yet it is so familiar.

Just reinstalled both Divine Divinity and Call of Cthulhu.

The anticipation of Divinity 2 has made me want to play DD... and maybe actually finish it this time.

A lot of recent Lovecraft reading encouraged me to play CoC again. I finished the game shortly after it was released, but that was long enough ago that I don't remember a lot of things.

I decided to do some experimenting, playing Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis with cordless mouse on my 40" HDTV. This is the first mousedriven game I have tried to play and it actually works rather well. I am not sure my cordless stuff is good enough to run FPS's or mousedriven actiongames though.

Mike, are you playing VtM:Bloodlines with Wesp's patch? I'm planning to replay it in the near future and I'm a bit concerned about how far those "plus" changes have gone in these unofficial patches.

How long has it been since you played it last? The "plus" parts are completly optional when you patch the game.

My last playthrough was quite long ago, and I have only really played the game with the one official patch. I tried out one of the early unofficial patches but I didn't get very far. So, I'm wondering if all these plus changes are worth trying out, or are they meant for the people who have completed the games ten times, remember every second of it, and want to see some differences. ;)

If it's been *that* long since you've played it, then I would use Wesp's latest unofficial patch and go with the "basic" install option.

Back
Top Bottom