KB: Warriors of the North - 2 More Reviews

In the meantime I've found three bugs (checked on official site and there is a confirmation). All are on pirate islands:
- after releasing pirates from the prison the quest is still unsolved (here only one, hundreds of such in skyrim)
- the mob in front of dead man chest has an unpassable wall in front of it so you can't attack it (solvable though - you have to click the mouse like crazy so that the game reacts and starts the fight)
- the search for the orc husband freezes the game if you click on orc's wife one more time after you turn him in and before you solve the quest (means not a biggie, just don't talk to her twice and you'll avoid it)

I must say I'm really happy that on 11 maps I've cleared so far there are practically just a few bugs. Actually I'm even more happy when I can say - cleared. As in previous KB games, once killed, mobs don't respawn. :)
Whoever puts "too much of backtracking" among cons in this game probably didn't play it at all.

[EDIT]
Just received an update 11.8Mb on Steam, for those interested what's fixed details are here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35620

Hmmm, didn't even notice the honey thng since I don't use it in this runthrough, but no matter as it's nice to see something fixed before becoming an annoyance. ;)

Last edited:
[EDIT]
Just received an update 11.8Mb on Steam, for those interested what's fixed details are here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35620

Hmmm, didn't even notice the honey thng since I don't use it in this runthrough, but no matter as it's nice to see something fixed before becoming an annoyance. ;)

Yikes, looks like most of their fixes won't work unless you start a new game (since the bugged stuff is saved in the save files). That's so not cool.

IMO, those that work only for new games are not important. Let's see:

• Odis Or and Undershore Brotherhood quests corrected*
- first one can be avoided, as I've said you just don't talk to Odis' wife twice, or when the game freezes, kill it with task manager and you can still finish the quest ;)
- second one can't be avoided, but since the reward seems not important (just cash and no weapons, crystals or runes), well… I don't care :)

• Quest-related (“Missing cabin boy”) army now doesn’t run away anymore*
- not a biggie if you miss it (and you won't, you'll grab and kill the wolf easily)

• Hilda now adds a correct amount of leadership at any level*
- meh, when you get her to level 5 you won't even notice there is/was a bug there

• Regina now grants an attack bonus to level 5 creatures*
- big deal, most of the game you won't have level 5 creatures or will have a small number of them so the atk bonus is pretty irrelevant

• "Greedy" achievement counter now displays the amount of gold earned correctly*
- honestly after a few hours in the game I had so much cash I never bothered to look (and notice the bug) on the display

• Calculation of travel time between islands corrected*
- and this helps in what way? no matter how much time you need for a travel with a ship, your rage will go zero and mana restored

• Amount of honey in "Block of Honey" now won’t be reduced over time if the item is not equipped*
- this looks as a very bad bug, but actually if you use units that get it's bonus you won't even notice it's bugged, and if you don't use them, you won't buy that item at all or you won't care

• "Shamanic Doll" item functioning corrected*
- for this item I dunno as I still haven't find one, but according to others when you use it, the game freezes. well, you won't use it! :)

• "Telescopic Sight" item functioning corrected*
- another item you won't even bother with as there are plenty of better ones to collect

There are modders who are working on unofficial fixes (and released a few already) so it's possible they'll make a "hack" for savegames to correct a few of those numbered. ;)
btw I'm 42 hours in the game, found another bug (um… can't finish a quest as I couldn't find a person questgiver is talking about so maybe it's not a bug as I just got teleported to previously cleaned area which is now crawling with harder mobs and new questgivers) and finally my game crashed to desktop for the second time since I've started to play it! :D

After 55 hours in the game I stumbled upon a mob led by Ice Dragon. Killing it crashes the game - apparently there is a problem with it's death animation and is numbered among unfixed bugs on the official site.

Luckily, with some editing (7zip plus notepad) this can be avoided. If you're hooked to the game like I am and get stuck because of this, just peek what to edit in this thread:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35651
Works like a charm!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom