KB: Warriors of the North - First Looks

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
While I was at Gamescom yesterday I had the opportunity to check out the new King's Bounty: Warriors of the North. However as I have not found the time yet to write something up, you will have to do with these two articles with a low amount of information but with a trailer at Gamesta and Eurogamer.
More information.

Ah ! And I missed that ! Such a shame !

I don't think it was available to the public and was only showed to the press.

Sad. But thank you.

2 years ago they were indeed showing Crossworlds.

Enjoyed the first two games, but this just looks like more of the same. They need to do more than just add a few new units and one new school of magic.

Enjoyed the first two games, but this just looks like more of the same. They need to do more than just add a few new units and one new school of magic.

hmm... nah, not really. I want more of the same.

I'm also quite happy with an evolutionary change rather then a revolutionary one. The basic mechancs of armored princess really improved on the basic mechanics of legend a lot. If they can keep that level of improvement going while preserving the core gameplay, then I'll be quite happy.

The basic mechancs of armored princess really improved on the basic mechanics of legend a lot. If they can keep that level of improvement going while preserving the core gameplay, then I'll be quite happy.

Huh? The basic mechanics of Amored Princess were almost identical to The Legend.

As long as the Valkyrie in WotN are an improvement over the retarded baby dragon from AP, I guess it'll be ok. I wasn't impressed by the trailer, but I'll reserve judgement until I actually play it.

To me this is KB 3.

I think you mean KB 1.3 ;)

Don't change a perfect game. More of the same please.

I don't want core gameplay to change but it's time for new engine current one is getting seriously outdated and with new engine some added features would be nice.And before people start "graphics is not important they should focus on game" just to say this is commercially successful publisher funded game they can afford new graphics without sacrificing gameplay.

the retarded baby dragon from AP
And I thought I was the only one irritated by switching the chest into that "MMO pet" crap... :)

Huh? The basic mechanics of Amored Princess were almost identical to The Legend.

As long as the Valkyrie in WotN are an improvement over the retarded baby dragon from AP, I guess it'll be ok. I wasn't impressed by the trailer, but I'll reserve judgement until I actually play it.

I think you mean KB 1.3 ;)
well but with that, we only had like 3 Wizardries (Wizardry 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 2.1 2.2 2.3 3.1 3.2)

I don't want core gameplay to change but it's time for new engine current one is getting seriously outdated and with new engine some added features would be nice.And before people start "graphics is not important they should focus on game" just to say this is commercially successful publisher funded game they can afford new graphics without sacrificing gameplay.

I can agree with that. But the core gameplay should remain intact. I shiver when I look at what was done to Heroes of Might and Magic (one of my favorite franchises of old) for example..

Last edited:
I can agree with that. But the core gameplay should remain intact. I shiver when I look at what was done to Heroes of Might and Magic (one of my favorite franchises of old) for example..

To tell you the truth, the changes to HoMM weren't so 'changing'. I still feel I'm playing HoMM when I play HoMM 6. Now, the changes to Civilization or like Jagged Alliance and XCom, that's a real crime.

To tell you the truth, the changes to HoMM weren't so 'changing'. I still feel I'm playing HoMM when I play HoMM 6. Now, the changes to Civilization or like Jagged Alliance and XCom, that's a real crime.

Comparing HoMM VI to which HoMM?

Comparing HoMM VI to which HoMM?

Any of them really. You still explore, you still have your units, and they're still more important than you (except for the crime against humanity that was HoMM4), you have your factions, battles are still tactical, spells and abilities are still useful, it really still feels like any HoMM I've played (except that abhorrent fetus of the underworld that was HoMM4). The AI in HoMM3 was the best of course, but this one is serviceable (unlike that Santa Claus killer baby candy stealer beer warmer chastity belt wannabe that was HoMM4)

I agree most of the HoMM games still have the same gameplay feel despite their game mechanic changes (other then HoMM 4 which I prefer to pretend never existed). That's really what I'm hoping for from KB. As long as they keep adjusting the mechanics by changing around spells, creatures, skills, etc. and adding a few new things (runic magic, no more baby dragon) I'll be happy.

I will say though that, while I liked HoMM VI, it was definitely the biggest departure from the game since...well...the game I'm pretending doesn't exist. So sometimes it does feel like a slightly different game for me.

Back
Top Bottom