Gothic 3 - Final Community Patch Released!

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The long wait is over! A list with a gazillion mirrors, including a torrent, and the change log explaining the more than 1000 changes can be found at WoG. A direct link to a nice pdf manual for CP 1.7 is here (right click, save as).
The Community Patch Team announced last year that CP 1.7 will be the last one.
Thanks, Kostaz! :)
More information.

I suspect the servers will be hammered this weekend. The torrent might be the best solution, if you know how to handle it. The 2nd best RapidShare or MegaUpload in connection with a tool like JDownloader, followed by the same without JD.

Holy f-ing change list! I'm so excited to play this tomorrow, like many I've put off a full play-through until now!

Despite all the problems with G3, I still enjoyed the game. Looking forward to playing it all over again with CP1.7. Thank you CP Team!

Of course yes. The long list of fixes proves that PB had no time to implement whatever "vision" they might have had years before release. So there's no reason not to play the most advanced version available.

I now get little pauses/lags that i didn't have with the 1.2 patch. The rim lighting had to go (too over-facing - too many shiny bits than the natural look) The AB was also turned off - otherwise everything is on max. Button-mash combat doesn't have the same effect, it takes longer to see off an opponent as they can now block and dodge. From the start in Ardea, i was floored 3 times before getting to grips with the new settings. :D

I don't know about this Alternative AI though. It sounded great reading about it, but I spent 15 minutes getting knocked down repeatedly from double teams in the opening sequence. I don't know how this is going to translate later on for a melee character liberating towns.

Edit: Alright, blocking is a big deal now. That makes all the difference when dealing with multiple opponents.

Last edited:
I can't even play it. Its running like a slide show. Yeah, its running better w/cp1.7 (sarcasm)

Must be something about Vista64 as it ran near max settings with Vista32 and cp1.6

Haven't figured it out yet. So not cool.

Must be something about Vista64 as it ran near max settings with Vista32 and cp1.6

I had so many problems playing games with Vista64 that I got rid of it and got Vista32. I like to play games plus I didn't have any productivity apps taking advantage of 64bit so it wasn't really any loss.

With Vista32, I haven't had any problems with current games or games released in the last few years.

I expect there might be a 1.7.1 or similar, since a patch this big is bound to have bugs of its own..? Anyway, I don't have time to try it out right now, so any info is greatly appreciated. I'll probably start a new game in a week or so.

Me too. There are probably a couple of bugs caused by the patch the few testers couldn't find.

I can't even play it. Its running like a slide show. Yeah, its running better w/cp1.7 (sarcasm)

Haven't figured it out yet. So not cool.

Maybe the font bug.

It's great for me. I've seen one crash when I use my mousewheel on the worldmap, otherwise stable. It's not superfluid.. but it's superfluider :)

Back
Top Bottom