Drakensang - English Demo Available

magerette

Hedgewitch
I don't know if any of our Drakensang afficianados are already aware of any of these links, but for those who haven't run across the opportunity, Radon Labs has made an English demo available for their party-based single-player rpg at Computergames.ro, Atomic Gamer, and GamersHell. The DL is about 500mb.
More information.

Amazing, from the previews it seemed like they dumbed it down a little it but now is see they kept everything but streamlined it, which is entirely something else. I cant wait for it!

Awesome Magerette, thanks for the info. I'll be downloading it when I get home tonight.

Nice one, i have been keeping an eye out for this title. I'll try the demo as soon as i find some time.

I haven't played much but the graphics are nice....look forward to playing some more.

Just a quick word of warning, the German demo contained Securom. I don't know if the English version is the same, but I expect it is.

Great news. Should hopefully indicate that the retail version will show up early next year.

Just a quick word of warning, the German demo contained Securom. I don't know if the English version is the same, but I expect it is.

It probably includes SecuROM. The main game also had it. But the traditional way. Only disk based, no activation or other crap.

It did ? Didn't notice ...

I think I'll try the demo out, too, just to compare it with the original ...

It did ? Didn't notice ...

I think I'll try the demo out, too, just to compare it with the original ...

Umm.. hey! Does anyone know if we can pull a "Gothic 2 Demo" on this one? I mean, use the english localization files of the demo with a full German release to transform it into a full blown English release?

I guess it depends on whether the localization data is truly complete or not.

Tried out the demo.

Seems competent and decent - but to be honest there was nothing remarkable or even that interesting about it. I found the atmosphere a bit too "bright and cheery" and if I was being my usual cynical self, I'd say it was one of the more derivative games in recent times. That's just my impression though.

Well, I say nothing THAT interesting, but the amount of classes and skills do show promise, and I guess I could deal with it being "standard" if there's enough depth to be found there.

I also notice the demo includes some features that would only be found later in the full game....

- A special ability which isn't available in the full game until location 5-6
- A special weapon -- one that would not otherwise be available at such a low level
- A special magic cast ability that also doesn't appear until much later in the full game.

Installing right now ...back later. :)

I can only second this.

It's just the was DSA / TDE IS.

Especially for/in that game ...

I must admit, I found the opening underwhelming. I put it aside after barely an hour (as much an indictment on being tired than the game) but the city-is-locked-off meme is overused and the guard suggesting I follow up some guy he didn't know to get a letter of recommendation didn't make sense. Why would anyone accept a letter of recommendation from a nobody? It's time CRPG writers took a little more time to consider the ecology of the gameworld and how things fit together - Gothic and The Witcher did reasonable jobs on this.

Also, the camera was a little odd and the zipping back and forth on dialogue didn't excite me. Anyway, too early and too cranky to make any serious comments but I wish they'd grabbed me from the get-go.

The camera was improved in the 2nd patch. If ASDWQE doesn't work it means the patches are not included.
The beginning is slow. They copied even that from Bioware. ;)

I have been looking forward to this game for a long time now.

It is as I expected and could be down for a purchase.

The camera is giving me gip though. Especially when entering the cave, it seems to get caught low down and makes it very hard to see what is coming up. People complained about NWN2 camera but once I had the camera mapped to WASD and the mouse for movement it was perfect for me. I think Drak needs an option to map the camera to WASD, that would help for me.

Dialogue to was a little clunky and needed a bunch of mouse clicks.

Other than that it could be a lots of fun.

Seems competent and decent - but to be honest there was nothing remarkable or even that interesting about it. I found the atmosphere a bit too "bright and cheery" .

Agree 100%. The game seems nicely polished, but it just hasn't grabbed me so far. The fact that I'm not familiar with DSA might have something to do with it. I'll reserve a final judgment until I finish eveything in the demo.

I played for 20min.It looks good but hasn't captivated me.Maybe it's the soundless dialogs maybe it's the awkward animations I'm not sure.I deleted the demo and I don't plan on playing it soon.

Back
Top Bottom