The Witcher 2 - Mod That Ovehauls Combat System

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
CD Projekt RED never ceases to amaze me. The company’s gameplay designer Andrzej Kwiatkowski decided to start working a mod that will overhaul the game’s combat system mechanics.

According to Andrzej the mod is completed and weights around 8GB. No ETA has been given as of yet.
The key features for Witcher 2 Full Combat Rebalance 2 Mod are:

- overall purpose of the mod is to increase Geralt’s responsiveness and mobility
- Geralt can parry attacks while he’s walking and running (new animations)
- Geralt reacts faster to keyboard/gamepad buttons
- active block was replaced by active Quen
- during heavy battle Geralt uses pirouettes and focus (new animations)
- difficulty levels were rebalanced
- Geralt does not “bump” away from opponent’s swords when his attacks are parried which allows quick continuation of the attack sequence
- opponents explode when particular attacks are used, e.g. Igni causes opponent explosion, just like in The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition intro
- elixirs have negative influence
More information.

Wait... It's not a mod from modders/players?
How much this DLC will cost?

Sorry for playing stupid here, but if anyone asks me which developer is a favorite of mine, I have no second thoughts.

That's Flash, the guy behind TW1's FCR. Arena mode will make testing this quite easy for both him and us when he eventually releases it.

Wow, this is great news. I always considered the fact that you could not walk during parrying a rather "unfortunate" design choice.

Sorry for playing stupid here, but if anyone asks me which developer is a favorite of mine, I have no second thoughts.
Yes, I really love these guys.

Awesome!!

8GBs just for this? If it's good enough though I'll be sure to pick it up. It's really a pity to just leave my TW2 barely played, and a combat system I can get with is just the missing ingredient

Too bad this wasn't in the original release. I pretty much had only two complaints about the original TW2 game. One being the slightly convoluted plot and the other being the crappy combat system... Or not the combat system per se but exactly the stuff that seems to be addressed by this mod, i.e. the lack of responsiveness, the laggy feel of the inputs and the general impression as if Geralt was constricted by an invisible rubberband.
If this mod works as advertised it is bringing TW2 one giant step closer to perfection and -as far as I am concerned- it already was pretty close to begin with so this is really great news for the franchise.

Heh, this is great. :)

Gotta love CDPR.

Thanks for the post, I had just downloaded all the updates a few weeks ago and was going to play it again. I guess I will download this update, what a great company.

Too bad this wasn't in the original release. I pretty much had only two complaints about the original TW2 game..

I hear what you are saying but at least they are still trying to improve on what is already a great game.

This sounds great, Just started playing it but I guess I'll wait until this is released.

Btw, when I started the game up I notice insane difficulty with permadeath. Anyone try this? I can't even think it's possible to get through the game without dying!

o_o O_O
Is this even possible?!

Yes, I bought it at release and have played just 3 hrs. For me it's pretty normal. I buy at release to support the dev's but usually don't really play till much later.

Never used to be that way but the combination of having so many games and the fact that the game will be far superior in 6-12 months due to patches and enhanced editions
This is the new norm for me.

Out of my 112 steam games 40 remain unplayed at all.

Out of my 112 steam games 40 remain unplayed at all.

Is Skyrim one of those 40 or I'm at the entrance where it says "abandon every hope"?

Is Skyrim one of those 40 or I'm at the entrance where it says "abandon every hope"?

Sorry no, almost 400 hours in skyrim and over 100 mods installed. With 100+ mods installed can I still say I'm playing skyrim. I see stuff all the time and think to myself is that skyrim or a mod?

In all those hours I've restarted countless times and have only completed 1 major quest. Thieves guild.

I would guess I've spent as much time trying out mods as I have actually playing skyrim.

Back
Top Bottom