Project Eternity now Pillars of Eternity + Trailer & Back site

Galaad

Sentinel
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Ahh sorry about that. Didn't see it on the mainpage and figured it was fairly important :)

We'd discussed that name on the Obsidian boards when it first appeared. It didn't exactly get rave support, but they went with it anyway. Personally I think it's fine: a solid, classic-styled title.

So update #71 is out and I have to say I am thrilled with this update. My favorite classes are Rogue and Ranger. Now the Rogue is a bit different in style here (not about theivery) which is fine by me. However it is the ranger that has me thrilled:

Animal Companion - The ranger begins the game with (and can name) an animal companion that fights at his or her direction. This companion shares Health and Stamina with the ranger, i.e. if either one is damaged, the same pool is reduced. Both the ranger and the animal companion die if their Health is reduced to zero. Animal companions have high inherent Damage Thresholds that allow them to run interference for their masters.

Hate how most animal companions are nothing more than throw away meat shields in most games. I never play them that way - I always protect them at the cost of my own life - so its frustrating when developers either make them so weak they are useless and/or treat them as disposable. A real Ranger is closely bonded to their animal and would not treat them like a disposable tool.

So I love this approach where the two are totally bonded to the point that if one dies so does the other.

Anyhow a cool update:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/65025-update-71-the-heavy-hitters-rogues-and-rangers/

I am also excited to have Edér in my party :)

Back
Top Bottom