Risen 2 - patch #1 released

It's good that PB listened their fans about dodge mechanic. This one missing feature completely ruin the combats in the game (at least for me). But, I still don't understand why they excluded dodge in the first place when Risen 1 have this mechanic. Thanks for listening feedbacks PB.

Now time to solve the boxed version issue, where is my boxed copy?

Well, here is the response I got from Amazon; in short, "still investigating". Either the distributor is once again dropping the ball, or there may be some laziness in India. ;)

Hello,

I've contacted appropriate team to know recent information if the item is a boxed copy and reply stated it's still being investigated. It usually takes 3-4 business days for this sort of research, but in this case it's taking a little longer. I'm very sorry about this delay.

I wanted to send you a quick e-mail to let you know that I'm still researching and write back in another 3-4 business days or as soon as I received information.

I'll be in touch shortly with an answer for you. Thanks for your patience.

I'm very happy with the patch, it addressed every major issue I had with the game except the vegetation morph, and Anti Warp has been updated so it is compatible with the patch, so that's now fixed as well.

I wouldn't wait any longer if you haven't played it yet. It's one of the most enjoyable games I've played in years. There will probably be one more patch just to tidy up some loose ends, but it will be very minimal and not really worth waiting for.

First play through (including Treasure Isle) took me 57 hr ish. I did every quest, explored everywhere, looted everything, and listened to all dialog.

I think I'll buy this now, if my paycheck isn't too crappy tomorrow. I've been kicking myself for not getting the game that allows me to have a trained monkey...

As opposed to what? Buggy insert_country_name RPGs FTW?

It's no secret German games are buggy in general. You start from Russia (very buggy) and you go westwards. French games are already less buggy. US games mostly polished. Finally Japan (least buggy, but less depth, less choices, most linear). I like games from all countries and in all conditions, just with German games you have to wait some time for a patch and with Russian ones you have to hope that they'll eventually translate and patch it. Yet a fully patched and polished German or Swedish game generally has more replayability and longevity than a simplified American or Japanese console title, even though top polished at release.

It's no secret German games are buggy in general. You start from Russia (very buggy) and you go westwards.

And if you ask me, the Russians and Eastern Europeans are making the most original and interesting games these days, followed by the Germans.

Bugs can be taken care of. Fundamentally bad design rarely.

Aye, I can live with a few technical issues if the game itself is good enough.

It's no secret German games are buggy in general. You start from Russia (very buggy) and you go westwards. French games are already less buggy. US games mostly polished. Finally Japan (least buggy, but less depth, less choices, most linear). I like games from all countries and in all conditions, just with German games you have to wait some time for a patch and with Russian ones you have to hope that they'll eventually translate and patch it. Yet a fully patched and polished German or Swedish game generally has more replayability and longevity than a simplified American or Japanese console title, even though top polished at release.

Something like the Witcher 1 and 2? Buggy games can be found in the US too, but I give you one they have for sure: they are all kinda shallow.

And if you ask me, the Russians and Eastern Europeans are making the most original and interesting games these days, followed by the Germans.

I don't know… other than 1C Company (King's Bounty, Space Rangers), I really can't think of any exceptional developers from Russia.

I also don't agree with the stereotype that American or Japanese games are necessarily more shallow. I'm sure you can name a larger quantity of US/Jap titles that would be considered shallow, but that's because they're producing more games in general.

It's no secret German games are buggy in general.

Both Drakensang games were so much bug-free that people had a hard time believing it.

Okay, they released patches for them, because, as everyone knows, there are bugs.

But they managed to include new things into these patches as well, like the hih resulution textures pack for Drakensang 1.
And of course you've missed it, because it was in the international release from the start on.

German buggy games?

Um… Risen2 with a few performance bugs had… And we tried to number them all on this very forum… About 10 nonperformance bugs. Means quest/items/skills/etc bugs.
A total of 10.

Now, let's take some nongerman game… Let it be the one praised by everyone (me too) including those pay to receive a good review sites… Skyrim.
Skyrim has 500+ bugs. Of which Bethesda fixed in 15 days how many?
Oh, it's a bigger game? Longer? Then please next time say "small" buggy games, not "german" buggy games.

In any case a sentence "german buggy games" is very rude and definetly full of prejudices.

I don't know… other than 1C Company (King's Bounty, Space Rangers), I really can't think of any exceptional developers from Russia.
Akella. They have exceptional ideas and games, but now that's a developer that makes bug-o-rama games and doesn't patch them. While G3 got fan patch because of JoWood/PB unfortunate happenings, in the case of Akella, every single game had to be "patched/fixed" by fans. did you see 2+ Gb patch for the City of abandoned ships? And it's fan patch.

Nah, I don't think either side makes more buggy games or more shallow...Games are games no matter where they are made. Granted a lot of the bigger studios have a lot more money to play with when making games and these are usually in north america or japan.

I also don't think Skyrim had to pay to get good reviews...it is simply a better game then Risen 2 is, hence the better reviews.

Um… Risen2 with a few performance bugs had… And we tried to number them all on this very forum… About 10 nonperformance bugs. Means quest/items/skills/etc bugs.
A total of 10.

Come on. You don't seriously believe that Risen 2 only has ten bugs because that's the amount that people on this forum posted, do you?
Risen 2 has plenty of bugs. The entire AI is broken in all sorts of ways (you could fill a whole book of bugs right there), there are visual glitches every few meters (clipping, popping in/out etc.), a lot of the achievements are not unlocking, Crow's corpse disappears or gets buried under the Titan so you can't loot it, DoF turns itself on after cut scenes, Pathfinding is beyond ridiculously poor (looks pretty amusing though when a NPC or companion skids from A to B on their ass), there is a variety of crash bugs (I just had one last night when playing the Temple of Air DLC... first the FPS dropped to a slide show and then *whammo* hello desktop), some dialogues are not voiced or the sound is not playing correctly, the volume of the in-game sound settings is obviously bugged (music is louder than it should be etc.), then there are some controls issues where it seems like a key got stuck for a second (Risen 1 had that one as well), some acquired skills do not show as 'acquired' in the talent trees (like the monkey skill), some skills do not get taught at all but the gold is still deducted from your account (yippie!), there are numerous places in the game where you can get stuck in the world textures and your only option is to reload, and a slew of inevitable cosmetic glitches like wrong grammar/spelling in dialogues etc.
BTW, the majority of Skyrim's 500 bugs is of that nature (cosmetic). In fact, every single game ships with hundreds of bugs if you would list every tiny little issue including the cosmetic ones and Risen 2 is certainly no exception.

Back
Top Bottom