Anyone playing GW2?

Yessir, playing right this instant! Am on Isle of Janthir, but no guild commitments yet as I foresee a hectic September coming up.

playing too. Thought my main would be an engineer, but after playing him a while and not really 'feeling it', I tried an elementalist, and I like it a whole lot more! (so many more options)

I'm playing on Farshiver Peaks as a Human Thief.

It's an OK game so far, but I'm really not particularly engaged. It feels aimless and there's nothing about the game at level cap that I'm looking forward to.

But the world is pretty and the game flows really well. I like the feel and the combat a lot.

I've started playing it. It's a bit confusing at the moment, but I like it.

Especially the whimsical and inventive Asura race, which seems to be inspired by the one (and only) thing I miss from my time as a Wow player: The Gnomes!!! Ahhh!

Finally I get to play again my belowed little-but-fierce-lover-of-huge-two-handed-weapons-warrior Taci Mazarbul.

pibbur who in GW2 is a sentient plant

I am playing, have a human Ranger, Kveldulfr, and enjoy the game. It is a light game and easy to get into, so I alternate with TSW.

I'm playing as an Asura Engineer. I play on the Jade Quarry server along with some other friends. ( http://jadelegion.enjin.com/ )

Korgh.1387

Feel free to say hello ! :p

Hel...

pibbur who interrupts his post because it was too obvious. And too silly.

I'm playing. Pretty good stuff so far. It can't hold a candel to Secret World's atmosphere or story lines and the voice acting is a bit cringe-inducing but the mechanics have been good fun so far. I started with a warrior then switched out to my elementalist.

I'm on the Anvil Stone server. Hmmm, maybe I should figure out how to do tells and stuff like that. Well, first I have to actually be able to log in. That's been... non-trivial.

P.S. The lastest NVIDIA drivers seem to really mangle the 3D Vision. Before I upgraded, the game itself had great 3D. Even the pointer went to depth!

P.P.S. AVG's firewall does not play nicely with GW2 at all. AVG posted a work around in this thread on August 10th.

Yeah, after a lot of back and forward about it I've decided to check it out.

Especially the whimsical and inventive Asura race, which seems to be inspired by the one (and only) thing I miss from my time as a Wow player: The Gnomes!!! Ahhh!

I had a Gnome Rogue in WoW with 30,000+ honorable kills! :)

I'll be playing an Asura Thief.

tSW has GW2 beat hands down on atmosphere, graphics, storyline, and respect for the player's intelligence. I think GW2 is going to be a lot better when it comes to getting a group together and having fun - though I've been doing fine "solo" so far.

There sure are a lot of skills to learn! I noticed an elementalist walking around with a dagger in his off-hand yesterday so I tried it out with mine... then tried dual wielding daggers. Oooo, nice! The lightning works well and looks great.

My mesmer has been a good bit harder to play but still fun.

For someone that enjoys stuff like WvW pvp, (3 servers are fighting against each other and the winning server provides bonus to xp, crafting and such to its players...), GW2 is pretty great. But you need a good group of people and a little organisation to make it really fun. Some people also really enjoy the sPvP (mini fast paced battlegrounds like what you find in WoW and other mmos kinda)..but I dont like it nearly as much myself.

The WvW pvp with siege engines, keeps and stuff is where the game shines for me.

tSW has GW2 beat hands down

The Secret World has a subscription fee though, doesn't it?

I quit MMORPGS "forever" a while ago. I think one of the big issues was since I was paying for my game time, even when I wasn't in game, it really killed the motivation to play other games cos it was always on the back of my mind that I was wasting money!

I pretty much just want to play in massive multiplayer battles. Don't give two hoots about story in games. I like tactics and progression and PVP.

Still 4 more hours until I can jump in and see how it is.

I'll be rolling on Blackgate cos that's where a buddy is already. :)

A question... Where do I buy it? On GMG (greenmangaming) it says for both regular and deluxe edition - out of stock... I can only say LOL since it's digital version.

Level 30 elementalist; the more I play, the more I come to realize just how much fun this game can be, longterm, for casual players. The zones are IMMENSE, the community is (so far) wonderful to fight alongside, and the artistic feel of the game has all the charm and joy of the original GW1.

The only grind so far is the crafting system, but only because it falls prey to the mechanic of outleveling unless you specifically devote lots of resource-farming towards it.

A question… Where do I buy it? On GMG (greenmangaming) it says for both regular and deluxe edition - out of stock… I can only say LOL since it's digital version.

At the minimum, you can go to the main site, https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/

The only grind so far is the crafting system…
Too good to be true. dartagnan already persuaded me to buy it - said there's no classic grinding. If the game turns out to be crappy, I'll outtroll him. Yea, yea, I know that's not possible… ;)

At the minimum, you can go to the main site, https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/
Stupid old me. I got too attached to online stores I never use the official game sites… Thanks.

Secret World does have a subscription fee… for now anyway. It's published by EA and EA has been outright screaming the praises of "free" to play lately.

The game is growing on me, too. Got to collect all the weapons and get all the skills for them!!! Though I'm starting to wonder if that will stop soon. Does a torch I get at level 5 have the same skills as a torch I find at level 50? Or will there be new kinds of weapons with new skills? Or maybe I'm supposed to be dealing with skills and traits for my customization?

By the way, 3D is fixed. Get the 306 drivers released yesterday from NVIDIA and all is well. Well, all is pretty well most of the time anyway.

Edit: And now 3D is broken again!? Sheesh.

Last edited:
I bought the game in a store today so I will be playing. Currently watching what looks like it will be a 15 gig patch grinding along. I was hoping with two dvd's in the box I would be good to go with just a small patching process but they must have made these disc's a while back. I played some of the beta at my brother-in laws so I am pretty sure I will like it. I spent tons of time in GW1 and will be finally in later tonight.

Originally Posted by Zloth
tSW has GW2 beat hands down
The Secret World has a subscription fee though, doesn't it?

I quit MMORPGS "forever" a while ago. I think one of the big issues was since I was paying for my game time, even when I wasn't in game, it really killed the motivation to play other games cos it was always on the back of my mind that I was wasting money!
This is my feeling about most subcription games

Back
Top Bottom