Lord of the Rings Online - Session Play @ Official Site

Inauro

Watcher
A new sneak preview article at the official Lord of the Rings Online site explores the concept of session play, a feature to be added during a future content update.
Session Play is a new system that allows you to play as a character other than your normal character. These characters do not have permanence, so you don't keep them like you do your Free Peoples or monster play characters. You could play as a Ranger, a Troll, or... a chicken. It's an opportunity to explore Middle-earth from a different - and sometimes unexpected - viewpoint.
More information.

I lawled so hard ;)

But it's something new and creative in the MMORPG landscape which is never something bad and surely something that could be explored more for higher level quests for example ; you could take control of bigger and more fearsome creatures, probably even become the quest target of other players. Some kind of PvP where you play the role of a monster that a fellowship has to take on, it could be a funny, one time only, quest.

I had to check the date on this one myself. For a moment i thought it might have been the first of April.

Back
Top Bottom