Fable 2 coming to PC

You're kidding!

What exactly is the advantage to pissing off a bunch of PC gamers by saying it won't come to the PC and then reversing yourself later. Doesn't make sense. Of course the game market doesn't make sense to me at all, so I guess it is just par for course then.

Because they want everyone who has a Xbox 360 to buy it, and they want people to buy an XBOX 360 to be able to play it, since it is exclusive, it makes perfect sense... however I think most people will not believe "IT IS NOT COOMING TO PC" anymore :p

I'm waiting for Gears of War 2 and Halo 3. Those along with Fable II seems like the only reasons for me to grab an XBox 360. Interestingly, none of those games have the quality of the franchises that made me grab a PS3 (Metal Gear Solid 4, Resident Evil 5, Final Fantasy XIII etc, before RE5/FF13 was announced to 360).

Because they want everyone who has a Xbox 360 to buy it, and they want people to buy an XBOX 360 to be able to play it, since it is exclusive, it makes perfect sense... however I think most people will not believe "IT IS NOT COOMING TO PC" anymore :p

Well when you put it like that, it does make perfect sense. Half the reason I bought the X-box was because of Fable (the other half was that I needed a DVD player)

Still frustrating though that we get the short end of the stick. We are expected to be happy when they finally decide to throw us a bone and make it for the PC.

Fable worth the buy of a console??? I bought and played a bit the Mac version (yes Fable) and well not as bad than what I read everywhere, but a bit too kiddish to really caught me.

I never finished Fable but I did enjoy it. I think I played about 85% of the Lost Chapter edition. It was a bit like Disney Land, where you can visit different areas but most of it is a facade and the staff runs around in hidden tunnels coordinating your experience. But it is pretty, the combat is fun, the score is great and the art design makes you want to visit each area.

I just wish it wasnt such a guided tour though.

I enjoyed Fable too. I finished it and well... I thought it was worth my time. But as Todd said the staff is the one that guides you. Even if you can travel between locations you don't have much of a choice besides good or evil.

Haven't played or read much about Fable 2 yet but I hope it will be even more immersive.

Dasale are you talking about Fable 1 or 2? The question of buying a console was for Fable 2.

The worst thing about Fable 1 is that it was too easy,I was killed only 2 times during my 1st playthrough and killed the last boss with 3 hits.
If the 2nd is more balanced I would gladly try it .

Half the reason I bought the X-box was because of Fable (the other half was that I needed a DVD player)
I use my PC as a DVD player... -you do have a PC, don't you?
I might have considered getting a 360, if i didn't keep hearing how faulty they are and how easily they break.

QFT.
I knew it would come to PC. I don't pay any attention to their silliness anymore. For a title like Fable 2, I can wait quite patiently, thank you.

You might want to take a look at the date of that message. Germany does celebrate April Fools' Day...

Meh.... the first Fable was pretty much crap imho. It was like some sort of Gothic-lite, 1/2 the calories, and 1/2 the fun. :-/

I agree with danutz_plusplus though, I would love to see a PC port of Gears of War 2.

In Germany it's the 6 April? Original. :)

You might want to check the date on the original source which is German mag PC games (see link in 1st post) and not just the date this thread was started. The PC Games article is dated April 1. This was one of their April's Fool jokes.

Doesn't really matter though. Every single game that was an Xbox "exclusive" has found its way to the PC eventually. Every single one. Fable 2 and Gears of War 2 will be released for PC one day. It's only a matter of time.

Doesn't really matter though. Every single game that was an Xbox "exclusive" has found its way to the PC eventually. Every single one. Fable 2 and Gears of War 2 will be released for PC one day. It's only a matter of time.

If only that were true. There are indeed Xbox 360 exclusives that have not found their way to the PC, including some RPGs that I would love to play (Star Ocean, Tales of Vesperia). Although most of the games developed by Microsoft do seem to eventually end up on the PC.

^ Fable 1 was originally just for consoles, and it was declared that a PC version will not come. And then it did with extra content. Same thing for Gears 1. The development teams probably work on the PC ports in the background with reduced staff and just release them when they're ready. As they're is pretty much no pressure as to when to release them. For them it's just an extra buck for a little more work. They got the main revenue source from console sales.

If only that were true. There are indeed Xbox 360 exclusives that have not found their way to the PC, including some RPGs that I would love to play (Star Ocean, Tales of Vesperia). Although most of the games developed by Microsoft do seem to eventually end up on the PC.

Yes, that's right. What I wrote above should read as... "every single one [made by reputable Western developers]".

Back
Top Bottom