Drakensang - Updates @ Official Site

I tried the demo for this game as I was very excited about it. However, the controls and lack of control customization killed the game for me. I was sorely disapointed.

I thought the controls were fairly standard and once I fixed the camera I had no issues with the demo; I've played it through twice with different characters.

I hope at least in April we will hear news about an addon or a sequel.

I enjoyed the demo in comparison to the nothing else I can compare it to. The combat is garbage when compared to the actual, really good pnp system, and they had to throw in nonsense like barrells you destroy with crap in it. This game is the only big budget game that seems remotely interesting coming out this year. I hope some German dev company comes along with enough balls to make a full party, TB only crpg based on the universe/rule set, and I hope it sells well enough to turn this genre back from the FPS abyss. But, that will never happen. I blame the zionists, who do you blame?

I enjoyed the demo in comparison to the nothing else I can compare it to. The combat is garbage when compared to the actual, really good pnp system, and they had to throw in nonsense like barrells you destroy with crap in it.
<snip>
Damn, I hate that!!! Nothing irks me more than games where you break barrels and get money and healing potions from them, whose idea was that in the first place, so I can curse them and their entire family for the next 100 generations?

I tried the demo for this game as I was very excited about it. However, the controls and lack of control customization killed the game for me. I was sorely disapointed.

Were there no such options in the demo? In the full game at least, you can customize your keys etc. however you want.

I've recently continued playing the game after I took a break for other things, and I can attest to what I've heard others saying. Drakensang starts out as a ~ 80% game that's fun, but you can easily play it in chunks, like do some quests, then do something else. But it gradually gets better, more interesting and more challenging, and I'm now at a point where I couldn't stop playing for a whole night - the "just one more quest" syndrome kicked in, and hard. So now it's turned into a 90%+ game.

What I really like from a gameplay perspective is the ruleset, its skills and that you can distribute experience points on the fly. I also love that really special (magical) weapons, rings etc. are actually rare, like it was the case in Realms of Arkania too. That said, you do get different types that are better the further you progress in the story. Overall getting new weapons, skills, defeating "bosses" and progressing in the story feels very rewarding. I have one character that totally sucks at combat but excels in all social skills that I find occasionally very useful, and so far there was only one fight where I had to replace him with a real fighter.

One wonders why the site isn't fully updated since the game has been out in Europe for months. All character templates should be viewable!!

About destroying barrels:
You rarely find (very small) ammounts of money in them, but mostly completely useless (and almost worthless) stuff, like fluff (literally!), nails, arrowheads, tabacco boxes, apples, etc.
But definitely never ever healing potions or something really useful.

So in most cases it isn't even worth the time and effort of destroying them.

I kinda like the demo towards the end. I like my games streamlined somewhat and this game does that. At first the controls are kindda lacking, though i found worse controls in other games.

Does anybody have a reasonably advances savegame from the English demo? I want to make a couple of screenshots of the character system and don't want the char to look like a noob.

Was this released any where in english?

How can it if the release date is next week? ;)

I might have an advanced SG from the demo, but the character really looks no different.

Well it could have been released in another country with english...who knows?

like fluff (literally!)

Especially Undeads have this "loot" a lot ... The great amounts of it have already become kind of an insider joke within the German official forum community.

I know this title is just a shadow of the original RoA series in terms of combat, but I don't care. It's retailing in the US for $29.99, which is a good deal and will be a nice diversion from the onslaught of MMORPGs and bad Diablo clones. I'm hoping this game will rise above being a bad Baldur's Gate clone.

I enjoyed the demo enough to go ahead and buy this one. I am fully prepared for the possibility it will disappoint in every way.

Back
Top Bottom