Mass Effect 3 - Kinect Support - Voice Control shown at E3

What pushes Kinekt really forward is that many peiople are already programming PC gadgets for it.

If my wife caught me yelling "duck!" "take cover!!" "Shoot!!!" at my computer, she would lock either it or ME away...

All I can say is meh. Now we all know why it got pushed back. EA and Microsoft had them add useless features to a game I will personally never use on the pc. Good job guys.

Voice control?
It is probably the most stupid thing that appeared ever (not just in games) after the praised "push technology" in browsers.
I predict an utter debacle. Unless of course NASA or military buys it.

I predict that some tv-developers (that is SONY for instance) might be interested in this. Think about if you could say ON or OFF or Switch to channel 9 to your tv, and it did just that…

As if arguing over the remote wasn't loud enough.. ;)

I predict that some tv-developers (that is SONY for instance) might be interested in this. Think about if you could say ON or OFF or Switch to channel 9 to your tv, and it did just that…

Yeah… and they need to allow custom voice aliases like:

ON = "Awesome button!"
OFF = "Let the suckage mercily end please"
Switch to channel 9 = "pr0n!!!111" (it'd be interesting to figure out how to pronounce that, right?)
Volume Up = "I can't hear ya, bitch!"
Mute = "Shut the fuck up!"

Yes, there could be tons of fun in this. Also for your neighbors on a hot summer day if you have your windows opened. Entertainment on a whole new level all around :biggrin: .

Back
Top Bottom