Borderlands 2 - Preview @ Eurogamer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Eurogamer has a Borderlands 2 preview based on a short demo session that focuses on the combat and what they saw:
The UI has been improved in the menus as well. No longer will split-screen require you to go through the headache of scrolling across menus and inventory screens. It's not long before we find an outpost full of bandits. Unlike its predecessor, wounded enemies in Borderlands 2 react to their injuries with knockdowns, staggers, and stuns being commonplace. There's still a slight disconnect between them being shot and their muted jerky reactions, but the correlation between your bullets and their bodies is a step forward at least.
Their AI is more advanced, too. "They can now go anywhere you can," explains Gibson. They'll hop up roofs and give chase, so you can no longer use ladders as a cheap getaway. Different enemies will have unique capabilities like healing, so they'll replenish their comrade's health if you don't eliminate them in time. This should add a greater degree of tactics to the combat than shooting everything that moves until it stops.
More information.

Odd that they picked an example of a unique game mechanic by giving us one that already existed in the first game (Combat Medics always healed allies).

And wow, while I was a fan of the artistic direction of the first one, the colors in part 2 are a bit too vivid and cheesy for me.

And wow, while I was a fan of the artistic direction of the first one, the colors in part 2 are a bit too vivid and cheesy for me.

I had the exact same thought.. The color palette looks pretty garish to me.

Borderlands-2_2011_08-26-11_001.jpg_600.jpg

I must admit that the art is uniqe. This is a game designed for consoles and all those bright neon colors are to stimulate and excite the kiddies. I could give a rats ass about BL 1.5 i want a True dark and grusome ALIENS shooter with the graphics to the MAX.

Looks awesome.

all those bright neon colors are to stimulate and excite the kiddies.

I am guessing your teenage pallet were black, white and brownish.

Back
Top Bottom