Gothic No ini file in Gothic 1

jaguar10

Watcher
Hi, I just bought Gothic 1 from someone on Ebay. Not sure what version it is. The game works fine with a few bugs but I'm stuck in Chapter 2 & I wanted to use Marvin Mode. I went into the Gothic file and there is no .ini file! Could this be a pirated version? If so, is there anywhere to download the file from somewhere? Additionally, I keep seeing a patch to upgrade to version 1.08 but can't seem to find it to download? I tried pressing S, typing Marvin, pressing S again and I get no letters in upper left corner. Thanks, jaguar10

installdir/system/gothic.ini

What I'm wondering though, is why would it mean it's pirated if it doesn't have an .ini file?

Uninstall the game and install it again. Gothic automatically creates a default gothic.ini if it doesn´t find one on startup. If this doesn´t happen something is broken.

The patch should be easy to find with Google.

BTW, I hope you guys have noticed that the question is 3 months old, and that jaguar10 hasn't visited the forums since. :)

BTW, I hope you guys have noticed that the question is 3 months old, and that jaguar10 hasn't visited the forums since. :)
hehe.. thanks for pointing it out.. whenever i login to the forums, i just look for the new unread posts and answer them.. :)

lol that is funny... from now on i will be looking at the date :D

Back
Top Bottom