Witcher 3 - Will Be A Top Game of 2015

And GTA:V is supposed to be one?

No clue ... Not my original post :)

Personally I think Witcher 3 will rock but not likely end up as GOTY because it isn't from a connected enough company

The only GOTY award that really counts is the watch's GOTY award. ;)
And I think it will have good winning chances.

GOTY it may be, but lets not forget you'll have to buy a brand new rig to play it, and a fancy one if you want to make the recommended specs.

By RGOTY he probably meant runner-up GOTY behind GTA V.

GOTY it may be, but lets not forget you'll have to buy a brand new rig to play it, and a fancy one if you want to make the recommended specs.

Not such a fancy one really. I'm on a tight budget but I have managed to put together something very close to the recommended specs. The only difference being GTX 760 rather than 770.

I have already re-played both the first two games during this past summer. Now I am knee deep into the books. Though I am not sure what to expect from the this up and coming third game.

I was very excited about it a few months ago, now I am not to sure what I feel about it.

The open world and adding a second playable character. The more I think about this the more it seems like there could be a lot of failure in making these choices in how the game has been made.

I am sure it will look great and what I have seen of the combat I like. But will it be as story driven? How will it all change with the second character?

I will still be looking to buy a new system sometime now in April instead of right now. I am not going to cancel my pre-order either. I just hope they haven't taken on more than they needed too.

GTA V shouldn't even be considered as it was originally released last year.

For the right 'donation' they could get Dungeon Lords considered by most magazines/sites ;)

Yea, I choked on my porridge when I saw the specs they were recommending. I felt like John McEnroe shouting, "You cannot be serious!" Not sure if the new laptop I have in mind will meet even the minimum CPU spec.

The open world and adding a second playable character. The more I think about this the more it seems like there could be a lot of failure in making these choices in how the game has been made.

I am sure it will look great and what I have seen of the combat I like. But will it be as story driven? How will it all change with the second character?

I don't get why you're so concerned about being able to play as Ciri. You do realize it's only for certain parts, right? It's not as if they're having to write a second perspective for the entire game.

A central figure in both The Witcher books and the new game, Ciri will be playable during special sections of the game's plot. "Ciri is playable only during certain moments in the game - we introduce her to give gamers another perspective in the story to make it even more engaging," said CD Proket Red's Robert Malinwoski. "You won't play as her for long periods of time, but since she's crucial to the plot, we thought that additional insight will allow gamers to better bond with this cool character."

Why are we talking about this now? I say let's take it up once it's released and we've played through it :)

After playing bit of DAI, I am also bit worried how the open world aspect will affect Witcher 3. I really enjoyed story and NPC interactions in the past Bioware and Witcher games. However I feel that story and NPC have taken backseat in DAI due the open world aspect. I am a good 40 hours into DAI but I don’t feel that I have progressed with the story or got to know my party members. In fact I don’t think I have recruited all the possible party members yet! In the past Bio games, 40 hours is bit more than 50% of the game!

Anyway don’t get me wrong, I am having lots of fun with DAI but its different kind of fun to what I was expecting.

Back
Top Bottom