Drakan Order of the Flame

Acleacius

SasqWatch
Didn't see a thread, so I thought I would start one. Confirming it works very well with win 7, just make sure to update to official 445 patch to remove the drm. Secondly make sure to install Drakan AiO Patch Final, which makes multiplayer functional again and widescreen support. ;)

Arokh's Lair
Drakan: Order of the Flame (PC) Forum
English 445 patch
Drakan AiO Patch Final

Unless you plan to research and spend time trouble shooting, you don't need to do anything else. There is another mod called Drakan: 10th Anniversary mod which tries to bind the directx 6 to directx 9. I avoided it due to it having several issues. You can find a separate forum for the discussion linked above.

To protect the puritan children out there in the world, I'll hide this in a spoiler tag where they will never think of looking. :mwahaha:

No idea how it has aged (my guess is not well) - but I loved it back in the day. Sort of a very light Gothic kinda of game.

I've never played this game. How is it? Has it aged well?

In short:
Drakan was the direct competition to Tomb Raider, just with more action and less jumping and climbing. Superb game. Even the dragon transform thing was fun. Unfortunately I ran into a game stopping bug somewhere in the middle: I was supposed to jump through a hole in the ground, and she didn't do it. :(

I remember it as a game that tried my patience, but that I rather liked, regardless.

I like it a lot, probably still the best dragon riding game mechanics, unless someone is aware of better. They are even getting severs going for deathmatch and such, though I've not tried it.

It's extremely well polished and widescreen is pretty awesome. Has lots of good melee combat combined with acrobatic dodging if that is what you mean.

Iirc, there are console commands in case you do get stuck Gorath.

Back
Top Bottom