The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Another prog rock reflective moment brought to you by a confirmed old fart. :)
Thanks for bringing this guy back on the front scene ! I listen to Us and So from time to time and wonder why I never bought his other albums ! I've loved his musical style since Genesis and he never deceived.
From your selection it's No Self Control I've always liked the most.

...I was watching a few vids about Mark King, bassist for Level42: video
Ah, Mark King... and Lvl42 ; such an underrated band ! I've always felt it was a band having such an unexploited talent. Their albums always left me with the impression of an unfinished job ; that feeling they could achieve so much more but never quite reached their maximum. I'm unable to sort out what was going wrong though and that'll always remain one of the most frustrating band I've ever loved :)

Blazing the way for the likes of acts like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, etc….

Strange but oh so hypnotising

Kate Bush - At The BBC(TV Performances)

I remembered how brilliant she was when I read the Peter Gabriel - Melt - post a few back by Thrasher

Last edited:
Blazing the way for the likes of acts like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, etc….

Strange but oh so hypnotising

Kate Bush - At The BBC(TV Performances)

I remembered how brilliant she was when I read the Peter Gabriel - Melt - post a few back by Thrasher

Oh my, that takes me back. Truly another extremely talented (and eccentric) genius. Mesmerizing without a doubt. Watching the rest of that later when I can focus on it.

I lost my homemade best of Kate Bush CD to a thief as well as the source wave files I had manually cleaned up the pops and noise on, and have been in mourning ever since. ;)

I have a hard time picking a favorite of mine from her work, but this one's just incredibly haunting. Nothing really beats it for me for raising the hair on the back of my neck. It's probably the memories, too...

Kate Bush - This Woman's Work

I have a hard time picking a favorite of mine from her work, but this one's just incredibly haunting. Nothing really beats it for me for raising the hair on the back of my neck. It's probably the memories, too…

Kate Bush - This Woman's Work

I posted that link to the BBC appearances on my Facebook page, then later posted "47:19…..stunning". 47:19 starts that same song live. So good. Gave me chills

Last edited:
Understand. It's probably more of a developed taste, as the first time I found them freaky. The first two below were accessible from the get go for me, but still odd and intriguing. I Don't Remember is good too. Check out some weirdness in the video…

Games without Frontiers

And Through the Wire
I Don't Remember (with accompanying bizarre very early music video)
And just like that you've hit on 2 of my 3 favorite songs of his (Games and Remember-although I haven't heard that version before and favor the pounding bassline of the more common version)… The other is a specific mix of In Your Eyes that was very common back in the day but never seems to get played anymore.

Did a little looking, and here's the version that I like:
radio edit
I imagine it's the fact that it's a radio edit that it's faded away and been replaced with the album version. I'm not sure why I find the ending of this one so much better than the album version. It just works for me. That bass vocal works. The African chant works better. The extra verse works. I don't know.

After a day full of Kate Bush, and before getting sucked back into the prog rock / Peter Gabriel scene, I listened to the "Rainbow - Live in Japan 1984" concert, of which, for me, this is the highlight. Ritchie Blackmore Tears.It.The.F.Up in this one

Rainbow - Spotlight Kid

Did anyone catch this, um, less than stellar performance? Ouch....

Van Halen "Dance The Night Away" on Jimmy Kimmel Live!

Apparently prior to this, Diamond Dave popped himself in the nose and had to get 14 stitches, then came back out to sing again. Still guys, thats really rough lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom