Deus Ex 3 Preview at IGN

Hey, Thrasher, thanks for the link! That was a pretty good preview. I'll share some of my views, since it seem like I'm the only one eager to post here right now. As an aside, is RPG Watch always this slow?

Anyway, DE3 looks quite good to me, even though it sounds amazingly similar to Alpha Protocol. I like that game, but I'm not too sure I want simply a sci-fi/futuristic version of the same thing.

Of particular interest to me is the open-ended nature of DE3's gameplay I'm reading. The fact that you can speak to any NPC in the game is nice, although we've certainly heard that claim and been disillusioned by it in the past with other RPG's. Alternate paths to enter buidings, multiple ways to get past enemies - these are all good, proven Deus Ex elements that will be quite welcome IMO.

I also like the fact that there are some tangible limitations to your character's abilities, such as the need to "power up" your supposed take down maneuvers. One of the quickest ways to kill my enthusiasm for any action RPG is to make it too easy, and being able to freely spam something that sounds as effective as that ability would quickly do so.

I hope the game is large enough, is relatively bug free, and at least partially lives up to the reputation of its forebearers.

You seem to be a rather good sport, sir. :salute:

Back
Top Bottom