Underrail - Dev Log #19, New Armor Type

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A new development update for Underrail is available, this time it has a focus on a new armor type: The Riot Gear Armor.

Riot Gear armor is a medium encumbrance armor that specializes against firearms and melee attacks (+100% damage threshold vs. firearms and +50% damage resistance and threshold vs. melee attacks). Like the tactical vest, it's crafted from a carrier vest and a ballistic panel and an optional overcoat fabric. You can also add metal plates to include a shield as well (will add other materials for this purpose at some point) which will increase encumbrance, but will give you a 20% chance to block certain amount of mechanical melee damage (depending on the quality of the material used). While using a riot gear armor that includes a shield you can only wield one handed weapons though (pistols, knives, crowbars).
RiotGearArmor.jpg

There is also some info on bug fixes:

Also here's a couple of minor changes and bug fixes:

• Increased duration of thermodinamicity to 2 turns
  • Reduced damage of spikes and blades when mounted on a metal armor suit, but increased their damage when mounted on boots
  • Fixed spikes of doom bug
  • It's no longer possible to refresh the duration of stun, fear and short-circuit effects
  • Fixed the scaling of Bilocation psi ability
More information.

The game keeps getting better with every update. Can't wait to see the finished project Styg. :clap:

Got interested in this game after I found out it's supposed to be a Fallout/Arcanum clone a while back and got even more interested after I realized devs are really serious about what they're gonna make. Overall it looks like a solid effort. Hope to God it doesn't fail in any way.

Watched an alpha build of this being played a little while ago and was really impressed by what they were doing already. The devs seem serious about their vision and if they can pull it off my Fallout heart will be happy.

Overall it looks like a solid effort. Hope to God it doesn't fail in any way.
Well, a massive portion of the game is already fully playable so I don't see how it could fail, barring the developer's sudden death.

Back
Top Bottom