Salut !

Gloo

Sentinel
I'm here to introduce myself to the Watch crowd (even if I couldn't resist and posted already…).

My name's David and I'm (obviously) a cRPGs fan. I first discovered these odd worlds in the early eighties, with arcade and console games such as Dragon's lair, then PC ones like Eye of the Beholder, Wizardry and Dungeon master (amongst many others and yes, I'm in my fifties).

I am a wargamer too and I've had the chance to participate, as a writer, with one of the most influential and renowned publication regarding that very subject, here in France, namely Cyberstratège (which is, by now, a defunct zine). I now occasionally collaborate to it's soul (spiritual) survivor : La gazette du wargamer and regularly lurked within the Watch corridors for many years now. I was so successfully stealthy here that I eventually felt some kind of loneliness, in fact so strongly that I decided to blow away my camouflage to come out in sheer light. Then here I am, to salute you !

I heartily press you to accept my apologies for my possible clumsiness with your splendid language, its intricate syntax, funny orthography and grammar. Know that I grumble frequently but I can assure you I'm never offending, except by clumsiness, so be patient with me :blush:

Welcome and enjoy yourself here. There are a few regular posters from France including game developer Charles.

Hey hello and welcome :) Have fun.

Hello Gloo,

welcome to the 'Watch!

PS:
Here are many non native speakers of English - so no clumsiness detected ;)

Hello :)

Bonne nuit! Thanks for reminding me to study more french!

I must warn you, being a wargamer, to tread lightly in the off-topic forums, even though you've frequented these forums before. :)

I don't post as often here as I'd like to these days but I never forget to pop in once in a while because it's such a great community/site for RPG fans, so WELCOME, I'm sure you'll like it here :)

Back
Top Bottom