Lost Odyssey.

Gamasutra just put up an article on this game.

Hm, in Final Fantasy, you could at least save at any time when you were on the world map. You sure that there isn't something like that in Lost Odyssey? It was pretty much standard for Square games.

But an hour between save points isn't even that horrible in terms of these games. It sucks; you can't really play them for 30 minutes at a time in most cases, but I see it already got you since you got drawn back in already. ;)

That's the duality of Japanese RPG's...

You can save when you are in the world map. But often there isn't any big needs of saving then. The only way of getting to the world map (i know off) is to get to the "edge" of the sector your in.

In this case i wrote about above, the world map wasn't reachable.

It so strange, in situation when you don't care about if you loose a save, they are plenty around In those cases you do not want to lose progress (mostly after boss fight, and movie +1 hour) you can't its extremly frustrating.

I am still playing the game.. though ... i guess its mostly couch factor combined with an interesting story, more then play mechanics. Still the same game at my pc, and i stand by my word. It would utterly suck. :)

I hope that they allow you to save before big boss fights, though. I'm thinking they do... but then what about after the boss fight? Yeah...

Maybe I wouldn't mind so much, since I've lived through Final Fantasy IX. You pretty much play such a game and spend most of the night doing it. It's like an MMORPG, but with good story instead of online. :)

Back
Top Bottom