Drakensang: The Dark Eye - Review Flood

The lower scores could be just a trend. There are so many decent rpgs out there now that you need somthing special to get 90% score. Like a million dollar advertisement campaign.

Its allready obvious if you compare pc games to console ones. Its much harder for pc ones to get decent scores because they face much more competition and their advertisement budgets are way inferior compared to somthing that i.e microsoft can put fort to promote their xbox games.

Im quite disillusioned with the 95-100% "game of the year" console games.

Last edited:
Odd, it seemed to me that it allowed you to zoom back almost too far; but to each their own.

Could be a matter of taste, then.

I often compare it in my mind with BG ... - there you had an much better overview.

Or Spellforce, for example.

A small addition because GameBanshee seems to have misunderstood something. This newsbit is no collection of positive reviews. It´s a collection of ALL published reviews I was aware of at that time, no matter if positive or negative.

I don't understand why some magazines and reviews comment on the game as "bad graphics". I mean, I am really demanding in matters of graphics, and still I often find myself standing in a meadow, a forest, a cave and admire the wonderful, lush details, the butterflies, the grass in the wind, the details of the wood and rock, everything! Its so beautiful! I dont understand at all how any review can call this game's graphics bad. There is so much beauty, also in the quests, the stories behind them, so much humor and atmosphere. Drakensang has it's edges and minor shortcomings, but it sure is a candidate for 90% imo.

Obviously it's hard to tell from screenshots, but it looks kind of similar to Guild Wars graphically. Nothing wrong with that and it looks lovely in some scenes, but it is a bit old. On the other hand it'll run on virtually any computer.

The 2nd batch of reviews will include a few more critical ones in the 75-80% range.

Back
Top Bottom