The Witcher 2 - REDkit beta footage

Dhruin

SasqWatch
CDPR has a video showing footage of the REDkit toolset from Gamescom:
Here’s a short video showing the REDkit in action for the first time! Marek Ziemak, CD Projekt RED’s Gameplay Producer talks about the basic features of the editor and takes you behind closed doors, inside of our GC booth. The upcoming set of tools will allow players to create non-linear adventures set in the world of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.
Everyone who is interested in participating in the closed beta of the REDkit, can apply here for early access.
More information.

anything that makes chapter 3 more interesting (sorry enhanced edition you didnt do it for me) would be welcome.

while the witcher 2 was a good if not great game, it was also one of the most disappointing gaming experiences for me in recent memory. the witcher is still easily in the top 10 rpg of all time for me and pretty high up for all categories. i think the cyberpunk game is hopefully going to be great. i'd give the witcher 2 a 2nd playthrough if some adventures come out. the witcher had some decent, albiet short and few ones.

did you follow all the (free) additions they released for witcher 2?

Anyways, to me the game was far from disappointing. It was not perfect. For instance the fighting was better than in the first game, but still not as good as you could expect. The story was nice. Decisions actually matter. Overall a decent successor.

And I love CDPR for the way they run their business. They actually seem to care about satisfying their customers, not just trying to milk them with bland DLC. Giving the community a good tool for mods is thus a logical step.

If only there was a fix for the horrible FOV (field of view). I wonder if the kit will be able to play with this kind of stuff from the engine, or only adding weapons and adventures.

And no, the combat didn't work for me at all, very disappointed (frenetic and unresponsive).

If only there was a fix for the horrible FOV (field of view). I wonder if the kit will be able to play with this kind of stuff from the engine, or only adding weapons and adventures.

And no, the combat didn't work for me at all, very disappointed (frenetic and unresponsive).

Combat in TW1 was much better. The Enhanced Edition of TW2 improved on the situation, but it still was vastly inferior to TW1. Even the comparable 2W1 was much, much better.

I'm not sure how anyone could think that the combat was better in the first Witcher. I liked TW1 more overall, but TW2 had the better combat imo.

Also, what was wrong with the FOV in TW2? I never noticed anything...

I wish they'd come out with this earlier....

Oh, and TW2 combat was much, much better - in my opinion.

I still have to finish TW2 tbh. Combat didnt do it for me as well. I'm really looking forward to what the kit can do and hope that it allows fore gameplay or mechanics changes and not just content. A Duke Patrick combat mod for W2 is at the top of my wish list

Sorry Gentlemen, but I'm also with those that liked the combat for the first game more. There's a fairly easy argument to be made and it's not that hard to understand. Different perspectives and all that eh? ;)

For me it was just much more novel and interesting conceptually; The Witcher 2 was far twitchier, action-ised and much more exploitable. I also felt that I'd experienced that kind of combat before and better in other games. That wasn't the case for the first game.

Still, all of these threads about Witcher 2 recently have made me realise how much I'm overdue for my Roche playthrough. However with all of the updates required, I'm going to have to do it on a day where my download limit resets! :)

prefer w2 to w1: can't wait for witcher 3: they still haven't nailed combat and mechanics tough especially the sneaking but the story; visuals,.. all make up for that

Still havent played W2, is it like the first game where you end up pretty much with the same character / skills? I know they're going for a certain character (..he's a witcher) but it was a bit boring that you really only chose in which order you want to be good at something. For a game that is designed to be played more than once (to appreciate different story paths etc) that was disapointing.

Also, what was wrong with the FOV in TW2? I never noticed anything…
Well, it seems to be set at something like 65 or 70. That is really too narrow for plenty of people (just google "witcher 2 FOV"). I need something like 90 or 95 for an FPS, just a little less probably for a TPS.

Alternatively, if I could simply zoom out a little ...

Sorry Gentlemen, but I'm also with those that liked the combat for the first game more. There's a fairly easy argument to be made and it's not that hard to understand. Different perspectives and all that eh? ;)

For me it was just much more novel and interesting conceptually; The Witcher 2 was far twitchier, action-ised and much more exploitable. I also felt that I'd experienced that kind of combat before and better in other games. That wasn't the case for the first game. :)

Agreed, I wasn't a fan of the impulse or twitch style of fighting in TW2, I very much preferred the first one's combat over the second.

Agreed, I wasn't a fan of the impulse or twitch style of fighting in TW2, I very much preferred the first one's combat over the second.

Strange, I thought TW2's combat was pretty deliberate if you wanted to stay alive. Not at all very fast or twitchy compared to other games.

Still havent played W2, is it like the first game where you end up pretty much with the same character / skills?

No. As I recall, it's not really possible to be a "jack of all trades" in TW2. Even if you farm for maximum XP, there will be a lot of abilities you won't be able to obtain.

the witcher 2 is the best rpg (for C&C) in 10 years
i'd love to see cdprojeckt do an rpg in a steampunk FF7 midgar-ish/bladerunner/with japanese overtones world

that would be so fucking good

Back
Top Bottom