Gothic 3 How do i use a pickaxe ?

Dagader

Traveler
Do pickaxes "do" anything or they are just wasted space ? and how or were if possible can i dig for ore ? i am not so far to the game so if you say smth like : " go Wolf clan mines i wont know where it is " =)

Any mines can be mined. Just walk up to it until you see the name, e.g. Gold- or Iron mine, and just click it. If you have a pickaxe in your inventory you will automaticly start mining. At a blacksmith you can also learn how to mine better, so that the income is doubled.

tip; keep the iron ore. You need it for several blacksmithing blueprints.

Straight after learning the "prospector" skill i found it possible to hack away at any ore vein provided i had a pickaxe. I was also surprised one day in the desert as i clicked on some bones in the sand and immediately pulled out a shovel and dug up some gold and other valuables, also could dig up the contents of 'stone-pile' graves.

you don't need it for either but if you plan on learning any smithing or making weapons then getting the prospecting straigtaway is a no brainer since you get twice as much ore, which there is a finite amount of sources in the game for only 5 lp.

That's how it worked for me too, curious.
Maybe in G4 they will have a nice setup as in Dark Messiah, to make the Ore nuggets into a bar, then working the furnace heating the Ore, pouring and cooling, then heating the Billlet and hammering, finally making a Hilt. :)

That's how it worked for me too, curious.
Maybe in G4 they will have a nice setup as in Dark Messiah, to make the Ore nuggets into a bar, then working the furnace heating the Ore, pouring and cooling, then heating the Billlet and hammering, finally making a Hilt. :)

In Gothic 1 for forging swords you needed to heat the iron, then use it with the anvil, put it in the water and finally use the whetstone. Can't remember how it worked in G2 (and at the moment I can't test it, because G2 isn't working on this pc :( ) I think they don't change it back to a "more realistic" way of forging...but personally I liked it :)

G2 is first hotting the iron, then smithing it at the anvil :)

IMO blacksmithing is a bit too easy in G3. Despite the fact that it easily makes you rich -- like buying the El Bastardo blueprint in Nordmar for 20k, then make like 10 of them and selling them for app. 8k per sword. You just need a blade and you're ready to make it.

Back
Top Bottom