Worlds of Magic - Released on Steam

I've read a few Steam reviews and all the 'thumb downs' I see mainly say the game was not ready, not that the game is bad, but that it lacks polish (typos, placeholder text, etc). Since I don't care about that, as long as the underlying game is solid, seems to me the game may actually be good with a few weeks of patching.

I noticed that too. What I haven't heard much about is the AI or the pacing, both of which are much more important to me. Early access reports suggested that the AI was poor, but I suspect that it will be a few weeks before anything can really be confirmed in the release version.

Either way, waiting a few weeks (or months or years) to play a 4X game is usually a good thing. Even the best often take considerable post release development before they shine.

I'm a grammar snob, so if there's typos and stuff it really ruins it for me.

That said, I never backed the game, and I have yet to play it - I've only seen user reviews and the game is getting chewed up pretty bad, and even good reviews admit "yeah, it's messed up lol". What I'm getting from you guys is that it isn't the worst in the world but for a game that made every 4x fantasy fan giddy and euphoric just a few months ago, it's a really surprising reversal.

I'd be willing to check it out if they polish it a whole lot more. And put it on sale.

Because it's colorful and pretty to look at, and the thought of a successor to MoM is a really nice thought.

Also it's $40, that's a lot of money for a small very unpolished indie game full of problems.

Small? Maybe it's not completely polished but it's a huge game! :) Indie has nothing to do with a price, it has been in constant development for almost 3 years. And if you want to try it when it is more polished, keep an eye on it as the development will be still continue.
Also I don't think it's full of problems. It's playable and a lot of people like it and played for hundreds of hours. Still there are some issues which will have to be fixed, but they're not gamebreaking.

Based on my time with it, it's not that bad - but it's certainly not great either. Give it 6 months, and it's probably going to be decent enough.

Also it's $40, that's a lot of money for a small very unpolished indie game full of problems.

I think you are out to lunch on your appraisal of things. It isn't full of problems, you don't have the game and you don't have anything to go on other then steam reviews. It's one thing to comment once on it but to continue throughout the thread saying things like this like you have some first hand experience is dishonest.

It's seems you want attention.

I think you are out to lunch on your appraisal of things. It isn't full of problems, you don't have the game and you don't have anything to go on other then steam reviews. It's one thing to comment once on it but to continue throughout the thread saying things like this like you have some first hand experience is dishonest.

It's seems you want attention.

Attention is the least of the problem he has. As for the game I plan on giving a real play later this week. Then I have some time off the first of April for this and a few other games.

Attention is the least of the problem he has. As for the game I plan on giving a real play later this week. Then I have some time off the first of April for this and a few other games.

I have it all installed myself....I have only played a bit of it....it certainly could use some polish, but they have come a long way and they care a lot about it.

I have it all installed myself….I have only played a bit of it….it certainly could use some polish, but they have come a long way and they care a lot about it.

I have it installed but it was a busy weekend with the last of my boys hockey. I am not looking for TW3 from this game. Just something fun to play for a few hours here and there. It looks great and I am not one to complain about bugs, as long as I can still have some fun.

Back
Top Bottom