RPGWatch - Serpent in the Staglands Q&A

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
We had another chance to talk with Joe & Hannah from Whalenought Studios who were gracious enough to answer a few more of my questions this month.

Couchpotato: Welcome back to RPGWatch I believe it has almost a year since we last talked. So how have you been since our last interview?

Joe & Hannah: I believe the last time we interviewed we were just starting the Kickstarter! We hit the ground running since after that, and it’s gone by quite quickly for the two of us. Happy to be emerging from the rock we’ve been under since development began full time and to be finally be releasing soon.
More information.

I really like seeing this two talk about their game and just random things. Matt Chatt was pretty cool to listen to concerning their game.

Thanks for the interview !

This would have been an insta-buy for me two years ago, but there are so many games released nowadays and I have such a huge backlog that I will wait for more reviews before making my final decision.

I'll definitely keep my eyes on it though, it looks very interesting.

The question is how well it actually plays even though it has a cool setting and good pixel art. That's where they are unproven.

Thanks, Neph! :party:

I'd say it plays pretty well. I haven't played as much of the beta as I could have, since I don't want to spoil the release, but I'll say that it plays a good game and has some really interesting mechanics. Using a journal properly, the Aptitudes system and the way combat works are all quite unique. Best of all you actually have to use your own ingenuity and your brain at times.

I look forward to the official release. I will definitely do more coverage of the game going forward. :)

Back
Top Bottom