Star Trek’s USS Voyager Recreated in Minecraft

I really like Minecraft. And Star Trek is alright (not so much Voyager), but watching that video just makes me wonder if stuff such as this is why there aren't that many dreamers/doers in contemporary society. The distractions of fantasy are too easily facilitated these days. I know, hardly something to bemoan on a gaming sight, but what if all that time and passion had been redirected into something tangible...

No kidding. A lot of time spent transforming someone else's model (which is a model of someone else's imagination) into another, neither of which correspond to anything in the real world nor can be used in the real world, except for visual appreciation.

Art? I don't know. Maybe? Is art wasteful? I suppose it depends on the person (being a fan of Voyager or not). Not me to judge.

Funny, when I think about gaming and virtual world distractions, I sometimes worry we may suffer the fate of the Talosians, oddly enough, a Star Trek race. Ridiculous, perhaps, but not that far from the truth sometimes it seems.

Increased escapism in diffcult times may be casting its shadow, more than anything else, though. Fewer opportunities to do significant things in the real world, leads to more elaborated fantasies...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom