Kotaku - Leaked Fallout 4 Documents

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Kotaku has a new article about Fallout 4 were they have information from leaked documents. They claim the next game will be set in Boston.

Still upset about that massive Fallout 4 hoax? Here's some good news for you: The next entry in Bethesda's post-apocalyptic RPG series is real, it's in development right now, and, as rumored, it appears to be set in Boston, according to casting documents obtained by Kotaku.

Two weeks ago, a Kotaku reader sent me several documents from a casting call for a project code-named Institute. The casting documents, which I've been able to confirm are real, include scripts, character descriptions, and other details about the next Fallout, and although the word Fallout does not appear in these scripts, there are several references to Fallout's setting and locations. (The casting director for this project also worked on other Bethesda games, like Dishonored and Skyrim.)

This is the first confirmation we've received that the next Fallout game is in the works—although it's been generally assumed that Bethesda Game Studios, the development studio behind Fallout 3, has been working on a new Fallout since completing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim back in 2011, Bethesda has yet to announce the new game in any form. In 2012, rumors circulated that Bethesda employees were scouting the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Boston for an upcoming Fallout game, but other than that, news has been thin.
More information.

<I>as rumored, it appears to be set in Boston</I>

They should have set it in Baltimore, since it's nearly post-apocalyptic like here already.

<I>as rumored, it appears to be set in Boston</I>

They should have set it in Baltimore, since it's nearly post-apocalyptic like here already.
Well by now no one should be surprised it will take place in Boston. This article just confirms it. At least this is not a $1,000 hoax like the last rumor..:roll:

Detroit is hell. I have been there, reminded me of bosnia.

Well it's not called a modern urban wasteland for nothing. Bethesda should use it as a reference for the next game. Just take a walk in Detroit and you will see all the ruins and abandoned buildings.

packard_2976-copy.jpg

If they set it there they would need to set it before the apocalypse since if they did it after there probably would be nothing left.

A site-rich locale like Boston is more suitable for a Fallout setting; turning it into a ruin becomes a study in contrasts.

Will love to see someday a Fallout New York (we need a setting with lots of skyscrappers), especially if is focused in the island. Or even a non-american Fallout (how's is Europe or the other continents?)

Only news that would get me excited about Fallout 4 is if Bethesda wasn't developing it... I want a turn-based RPG Fallout sequel, not Skyrim with guns. Ah well, thank goodness Wasteland 2 is coming.

Will love to see someday a Fallout New York (we need a setting with lots of skyscrappers), especially if is focused in the island. Or even a non-american Fallout (how's is Europe or the other continents?)

I would love to see one based in China as they were a central part of the problem for the fallout. Though going by what Bethesda said the game will only take place in the US.

Only news that would get me excited about Fallout 4 is if Bethesda wasn't developing it… I want a turn-based RPG Fallout sequel, not Skyrim with guns. Ah well, thank goodness Wasteland 2 is coming.

If one learns to enjoy turn-based, RtwP, and FPS CRPGs for their respective merits, then one has a much wider diversity of games from which to choose…

If one learns to enjoy turn-based, RtwP, and FPS CRPGs for their respective merits, then one has a much wider diversity of games from which to choose…

That's a very true statement, and I agree.

On topic, I would have prefered New York, because that's the only American city I've been too, and it's skyline is by far the most famous. I didn't recognize anything in Fallout 3, but walking in a post-apocalyptic New York would be a much different experience.

I agree with you about New York, and hopefully that will be the subject of a future Fallout game.

D.C. has plenty of landmarks. Bethesda just didnt use any of them in FO3. Instead, we got a winding corridor of rubble that proved to be pretty linear.

If they can make Fallout 4 as much of an improvement as Fallout NV is over Fallout 3, then I am sure I'll be wasting a lot of time playing the game.

If they can make Fallout 4 as much of an improvement as Fallout NV is over Fallout 3, then I am sure I'll be wasting a lot of time playing the game.

Different developer, but yeah if they can get themselves to learn about what can be done with their engine, that would be great.

I know some people dislike Morrowind, but IMHO they could also learn a few things about their earlier games. Seeing as maybe 15 of the 25 people who worked on Morrowind still work at Bethesda Game Studios out of the 200+ that work their now, so sometimes I feel it could just have been a different studio entirely.

Fallout 3 had a little bit to much of "Wouldn't it be cool if..." design, (Wouldn't it be cool to blow up a town, wouldn't it be cool if there was a town just with children, etc.) without making the world make sense and feel connected.

Oblivion had a bit of the same problem with types of ruins feeling disjointed from the backstory. They have also stated they removed alot of the political backstory from Oblivion, I hope they don't make the same mistake again. There is a risk of them rushing and scrapping things again here because Oblivion was and Fallout 4 is a new console game.

Another Fallout, another location. Primary news that would get me excited would be if a) Bethesda wasn't developing it and b) it was set 10-20 years after the bombs, not 200.

NYC would be great, but for me the problem with this kind of game is the massive volume of places you CAN'T go into.

I get bothered by Thief 2 missions with most of the buildings that you can't enter. Imagine Manhattan...1,000 buildings and hey you can go in 20. No.

Back
Top Bottom