NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer - Interview @ GameShark

Dhruin

SasqWatch
NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer lead Kevin Saunders talks to GameShark in this new interview. I like this answer:
How pivotal will the Influence system be in the expansion? Have you made any changes to it?
I think we've made some major improvements to the Influence system. First, now your companions (and you, perhaps) will gain game play benefits for having high influence. Second, if Influence goes low enough, the companions will behave more realistically and actually leave you. Also, we've spent a lot of energy on polishing how Influence works with the companions. For example, increases and losses will feel more natural and appropriate to the characters' personalities and goals. Except for the very beginning of the game, none of the companions are required and players who don't like them can adventure alone if they wish. So if you don't like dealing with Influence, it's entirely optional. Of course, if you're into the story, you'll find the companions add a lot of depth.
More information.

Actually, I found this quote to be more interesting:

We have included many community improvements into updates for NWN2: spell fixes by rpgplayer1, AI improvements by evenflw, and walkmesh helpers by Zarathustra.
I had no idea that the AI improvements by evenflw were incorporated! I've been holding off on updating my NWN 2 precisely because I wanted to keep running evenflw's AI mod, but his mod is incompatible with the newest patch. I guess maybe this is why. I'll have to update and see how well they've done. I am particularly interested in the companion AI work, which allows me to have the companions intelligently switch from melee to ranged weaponery without my micro-management. If the newest patches haven't incorporated that part of evenflw's mod, then they've not really done enough.

Back
Top Bottom