Bethesda Softworks - More Game Rumors

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well another week and I found two more article with rumors about Bethesda. The first rumorm is from GaeranX with information about Fallout 4 being announced.

Last week we had the latest in a long line of Fallout 4 hoaxes in the form of a Shadow of Boston patent application in Germany but rumours are once again swirling around the internet, this time claiming that the game, whatever it's called, will have a VGX reveal.

Geoff Keighley, the Spike TV presenter and VGX host, recently tweeted a meeting he had with Bethesda chiefs. “Great night planning with the ladies who run Bethesda. You are missed @DCDeacon.” DCDeacon is Bethesda's PR chife Pete Hines.

It's being spectulated that the fact Bethesda and Keighley were "planning" something suggests a reveal for a Bethesda game at VGX, which will be next month.
The site said the same thing last year also.
smiley-cool.gif

Next I found another rumor about a possible new Elder Scroll's game called Argonia.

Get hyped Elder Scrolls fans as Elder Scrolls 6 has been confirmed to be in the works right now and if the reports are to be believed, the game is going to be on Black Marsh aka Argonia!

In a report by the Tehran Chronicle, they have confirmed that not only has Elder Scrolls 6 has been confirmed, the game has been in under heavy development from Bethesda!
I'll believe that also when I see the official confirmation. So speculte away.
smiley-wink.gif

More information.

ditto.

There not called rumors for nothing.:cool:

Anyway I get my entertainment from reading the comments on these threads. :evilgrin:

Do we need a confirmation of tes 6. It's definitely coming and I for one can't wait.

Ah yes, but which will come first? Fallout 4 or TES VI? Skyrim made a lot more money than Fallout 3 so did they put Fallout on the back burner? Maybe both will come out in the next 18 months. I'd personally rather see VI over 4, but either would be fine.

TES akaVIr :)

While I enjoyed Skyrim I found the combat to be quite ordinary compared to what I was used to in Dark Souls. In other words, no skill required.

Add Dark Souls style combat and I will definitely buy, if not, meh.

i found everything in skyrim to be ordinary compared to DS. especially immersion and writing

Its fairly obvious that both FO4 and ES6 are under development in some form or another already. Its not like they are going to abandon any of these IPs any time soon. The question really is which is going to come first, FO4 or ES6 and I think it will be FO4.

News regarding FO4 rumours is starting to turn into a news category in it's own right now. Not without some justification if you take into account the amount of effort people must put into some of these hoaxes. However, it all starting to get a little bit tedious now; I hope we hear some real news soon.

I personally can't wait for another Elder scrolls game, though have serious doubts that Bethesda will ever produce another; certainly not in the near future. I suspect they took over the Fallout IP specifically to replace their line in single player RPGs, allowing the Elder Scrolls franchise to go down the MMO route. I'd be glad to be proved wrong however. I'd love a new game in a really exotic setting like Argonia; that is what made Morrowind for me, and is something I really missed in Oblivion and Skyrim.

"Argonia" sounds like a really cool title for a Elder Scrolls type game to me, if nothing else. Color me intrigued.

i found everything in skyrim to be ordinary compared to DS. especially immersion and writing

Really?? What writing in DS? The game was really good at combat but was more an action game then a rpg.

I personally can't wait for another Elder scrolls game, though have serious doubts that Bethesda will ever produce another; certainly not in the near future. I suspect they took over the Fallout IP specifically to replace their line in single player RPGs, allowing the Elder Scrolls franchise to go down the MMO route.

Nah. While I agree that it may still be a little while before we see another TES because Bethesda might not want to interfere with TESO, they are not gonna flush 12+ million sales down the toilet like that.
I'm sure they're already working on it and have a release plan based on projections of install base of the current gen (PS4/Xbone) consoles. At the moment it might still be a bit early for a heavyweight like TES VI but it's definitely coming... maybe Q4/2016?

Nah. While I agree that it may still be a little while before we see another TES because Bethesda might not want to interfere with TESO, they are not gonna flush 12+ million sales down the toilet like that.
I hope you are right! :) You could argue that another single player TES game might bring more publicity and people into TESO, if they got their marketing right. I'm fairly certain that FO4 will be first though, either way; I think I've read Bethesda almost saying as much.

but…I want TES VI first….:'(

I'm optimistic that they'll see the $$$ still to be had from the traditional TES epic single player. The wide appeal of that personalised fantasy sandbox is pretty potent. I think, with the modding culture, it has an appeal similar to the Sims for a lot of people, even when they've played it to death.

Here's hoping they don't warm over that tired old engine again, though. The Kingdom Come alpha really shows what a modern engine can deliver now.

Back
Top Bottom